President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović recently said, “…my goal is to be very realistic, not optimistic, nor pessimistic but to warn people of the state that exists in our country, because it is my duty to citizens and it’s my constitutional obligation as well. I repeat, we’re talking about a constructive debate that should lead to finding a solution to the current situation we’re in.”
Encouraging words from Croatia’s president. May she be very convincing toward positive change.
Now we are people of faith and we operate on the promises of God; therefore, we should be very pessimistic because great are His promises. We can stand on His promises and look forward into the future with great expectation. One of the greatest hindrances in the Balkans, is a lack of expectation from Christians.
Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
For over two years we have been contending and ask the Lord for the salvation of many in Croatia. In the past few months we have been experiencing people coming to Jesus; five ladies and one man. One of those ladies lead two others to the Lord, one being her grandmother a few hours before she died.
Not only new people coming into the Upper Room Zagreb, but we will be moving into a new place for the HOP in a month. Also, our worship leader that had been with us since the beginning left the URZ to pursue other opportunities. So, we are in transition.
1) Pray for the Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović .
2) Pray for the Croatian Parliament, there are some unproductive people that either need to get serious are get removed.
3) Pray for the citizens of Croatian to stop criticizing the government and get involved through an informed vote and a positive voice.
4) Pray for the Croatian Christians to be positive and expect righteousness to arise. Although we are pessimistic about the future, we need wisdom for the present.
5) Continue to pray for us at the Upper Room. We are starting to have noticeable victories against the enemy; may we dare not relax, but pursue until satan is made ineffective.
6) Pray for work in Lika, the heartland of Croatia. Pray for the raising up of an evangelical church where done exist. We are believing for a house of prayer to be raised up there next year.
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. “For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, And He has set the world upon them.