Week of July 29 - Aug. 4, 2013
1 Corinthians 4:7-8 (NKJV)
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
8 You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us—and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!
While seeking the Lord in regards to Romania, I felt lead to 1 Cor. 4:7-8 as the guide for how to pray. Every time I would try and meditate on these scriptures I seemed to be more confused than enlightened. Then finally this morning the Lord showed me how to pray. What I heard was that correction needs to come to the Romanian churches. Now I am not an elder in a Romanian church and I am not a prophet sent from God. Correction is a part of the Christian life; the Apostle Paul expounds upon this in Hebrews 12 concerning all sons needing correction. I didn’t feel this was to be a focus on the individual Christians but the churches as a whole.
1) Just as Paul was giving instruction, even a mild rebuke, to the Corinthian Church so we pray for the Romanian churches to be instructed and corrected. As Christians we should all have a teachable attitude concerning our walk with the Lord.
2) Now the Corinthian Church was not being truthful with Paul. They acted as though they had not received revelation when they had. The fact was that they had not responded to the revelation given them. Let us pray that Romanian churches would approach the Lord with sincerity and possess a willingness to learn. May the church leaders be open to change.
3) I heard an evangelist this past weekend say, “Revelation is an invitation” (Peter Louis). Let us pray that the Romanian churches would walk in the revelation they have and embrace new revelation so there may be greater blessings for Romania.
4) The Evangelical churches in Romania are blessed much like the Corinthian Church was blessed. The Corinthian Church was known for its generosity which is always a sign of maturity. Romania is over 5% evangelical. Much more than any of the countries around it. Lord, we thank You for this consistent witness.
5) Let us pray for a move of God in Romania that will take the Church to higher level of intimacy, power and favor.
Please pray for an upcoming outreach to Romania that is in the planning. For the past five years European Initiative has sent a team to Romania to minister in Gypsy villages and has had amazing success. This next outreach will be similar in many ways but we will turn more toward orphans.
1. Pray for the breath of the Holy Spirit over the planning and details of the upcoming outreach in January 2014.
2. Pray for open doors to receive the right donations of shoes, boots, etc that will be a blessing for the poor of Transylvania.
3. Pray for the right team members to emerge, who are called to be on this outreach.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.