In the News: Judicial reforms make courts more efficient in Macedonia
Once full reform is implemented in Macedonia's judiciary sector, the result will be a transparent and efficient justice system, experts said.
According to officials, citizens will be able to quickly resolve their disputes, judges will be held responsible for their work, and the system will be able to handle an increase in the fight against crime and corruption.
One of the constant reoccurring themes for intercession at Prayer for the Balkans Project is corruption, so the above article is a praise report. History shows that government, politicians, courts, etc. are easily corrupted. Greed, the flesh, our human nature is to evade the laws for favors.
1) This is an encouragement that the Macedonian government is enacting laws that check the courts adherence to the laws. Let us pray for righteousness in government and righteous government servants.
2) Let us pray that Macedonian judges would have a deep rooted conviction to interpret the original intent of the law as written. This takes a servant’s heart that values all men as equal.
3) Because an individual’s motivation and their steps of enactment in a crime can be different, judges need a flexibility to “let the punishment fit the crime”. Let us pray for the judges of Macedonia to exercise wisdom on a case-by-case basis.
4) Most of all, Macedonia needs Christian judges. Judges that are first accountable to God. Lord, we ask for the positioning of your chosen ones in the courts.
5) So many times as Christians we think our dealings with government agencies are outside biblical principles. May the Christians of Macedonia make every effort to walk with integrity, honoring the law of the land.
6) Let us pray that righteousness and holiness would shine through God’s people in Macedonia. Lord, give the Christians boldness to stand for what is right.
Recently, my pastor taught on right and wrong. He explained that the biblical standard goes beyond right and wrong and lines up with what is true. Without God’s word as a solid foundation, right and wrong can be a product of human judgments.
7) Let us pray for Christians in Macedonia, to study the Word and order their lives accordingly.
We must remember Matthew 25: 31-33 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.”