Living in Croatia and being in touch with many of the churches and ministries here, it is an honor to report to you what God is doing here.
Earlier this month, a local church, Croatian Evangelistic Outreach organized an annual outreach at the Jarun lake here in Zagreb, Croatia called JarunFest. There was Christian music, bounce houses for the children, and free burgers. In the midst of the friendly atmosphere Christians were engage to witnessed to many. Everyone was given a New Testament along with their free meal. I do not know the full spiritual impact, but personally I witnessed to about 12 people and prayed with most of them.
Another ministry, Lighthouse of Life church also here in Zagreb, hosted two separate US teams of young people this month who came for outreaches. These teams focused their efforts on the Roma (Gypsy) villages. These young Christians came with giving hearts and were instrumental in spreading the love and joy of Jesus.
European Initiative – Balkans, hosted a team who just left this morning. Our main EI base, located in Berlin, has two Surge teams this summer, Surge Alpha and Surge Omega. The Alpha team was here for five days along with staff and interns. The first two days we teamed up with the Lighthouse of Life team and ministered in the Roma villages. Everyone on the team gave their all to the needs of the community. We saw many salvations and were truly humbled by their hunger for God and a desire to know His word. The film “Passion of the Christ” was shown in one of the villages and our team helped facilitate conversations about the movie afterwards. Many were so open to receive Christ! The team returned to Zagreb for two days of street evangelism in a busy square. Through several creative arts presentations, the team drew many people as they presented the message of salvation. Through one-to-one evangelism we saw five people receive Jesus Christ as their personal savior. This might seem small but for Zagreb, this is significant!
Please, never believe the devil when he tells you that your prayers are futile. We see the results of your prayers and can testify to the fact that the enemy is losing his ground in the Balkans!
1) Let us get excited about the above reports and ask the Holy Spirit to hover over each individual that accepted Jesus! There was a party in haven these past few days, rejoicing over the new believers in the Roma community as well as in Zagreb!
2) The Bible says, “God’s word does not return void”. Lord, we thank You for the power of Your word. Each one is special to You and we now pray they will grow in faith.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)
3) Lord Jesus, we pray they will thrust and hunger for more of You. Let us stand in prayer against the devil’s schemes as he tries to steal what has been planted in their hearts. May the Lord seal the work He has begun.
4) Let us pray for the follow up with these that accepted the Lord. May there be an extra effort by the pastors and Christians to reach out to these that now need discipleship to grow in their new faith.
5) Let us pray for the teams that were willing to give up their comfortable summer so they could come to Croatia and be a witness. As they return to America, may the blessings of the Lord cause them to prosper and have a deeper joy in their Christian walk.
6) This is the day a visitation for the Roma people throughout the Balkans. Thank the Lord for Lighthouse of Life church and their involvement among the Roma. Pray for the church, its workers and their financial needs.
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:12 (KJV)
In the News: Croatia fails to reap fruits one year after joining EU
One year ago, Croatia joined the European Union with great fanfare, sparking hopes that membership of the rich 28-nation bloc would transform the fortunes of the tourism-dependent economy.
But as the anniversary looms, the hope-for boom has largely failed to materialize.
Croatia remains one of the bloc's weakest economies, mired in a seemingly never-ending recession that has pushed unemployment to 20 percent -- half of the country's youth are without a job.
Further Prayer Points:
7) Obviously Croatia’s economy needs prayer. Pray that more investment would come to Croatia, not only in the tourist industry but in manufacturing and transporting of goods.
8) Let us pray for business friendly policies to be developed to inspire new investment.
9) Often we think of investment coming from foreign sources; let us pray for investment from within Croatia. Pray that business and individuals would realign their methods of operation to help eliminate waste.
10) I do not know the full extent of why this is happening in Croatia, but the elderly are being hit hard financially. I see many elderly here in Zagreb digging through the trash for aluminum cans, plastic bottles and other redeemable items to sale for cash. Please pray for the elderly in Croatia. May the Lord grant them relief and dignity.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.