Pray for Albania
This may seem like a silly way to hear from God but; I was walking the halls at the college where I work, praying and asking the Lord how to pray for Albania. (With the busy-ness of the holidays I did not have the time to do adequate research on the present situations in Albania.) As I was walking the halls at work I stopped at a painting of modern art that had three images in it. First I noticed a man sitting on the side of a bed. He looked lonely and in despair. Second was a man standing on his hands upside down. The third picture was a man getting a hug from someone. So I ask the Lord, are You speaking something through this. So I sought His heart with these pictures in mind.
1) There are lonely and despairing people everywhere but let us pray for those in Albania. Lord, You are the giver of hope. We rebuke the spirits of suicide and ask You, Lord, to rescue those in despair.
2) Let us pray for a ministry to the suicidal, those emotionally and chemically effected. Lord, raise up a saint to lead this ministry, prepare them and anoint them. May they have the patience to deal with the patients, boldness in the spirit to come against the enemy and leadership qualities to inspire others to give hope.
3) There are people that are upside down. They have made plans and everything went wrong. Now they have lost wealth, friends and property. Lord, they need wisdom for their circumstance.
a. First I pray for the Albanian believers that have suffered great loss. You Lord, are a God of restoration, give them open doors of opportunity this year and the wisdom to acquire wealth, honor others and manage assets.
b. Then Let us pray that these believers that have been restored would seek to restore others.
4) Lord, we lift up the shy ones, those that have suffered rejection and that rejection has a hook in them. Shyness and being introverted is not of the Lord. May those that shrink into the corners be sought out and given honor. They have a part to fulfill, especially in the church.
5) Lord, we pray that the Christians of Albania would be set free to express You to others. Lord, come and embrace them and help them to spread Your joy by hugging others.
Ecclesiastes 3: 5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
3:7 A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
6) Let us pray for Albania to not be alone and in despair. We pray that Albania will not be upside down and that Albania would feel a special embrace from the Lord.
a. For the past century Albania has been an isolated country, not only because of their location but because during communist days their rulers intentionally isolated the country. Lord, we pray for a coming out. You have put talents into the Albanian people, so we call them forth to be shared with the world. In Your name Jesus, we rebuke any despairing spirit that is hanging over Albania.
b. Let us pray for economic transformation for Albania. As they totally shake off communism and move to a free enterprise market system. All economic policies that are upside down, may they be turned right-side up.
c. Let us pray for joy to fill the land. We pray that the people would not refrain from embracing but would embrace each other. Especially as You, Lord, embrace the country with a revival.
7) Lord, we want to see revival in Albania. Lord, empower Your leaders there. Give them boldness and unction to believe for an out-pouring of the Holy Spirit in the Land. Lord, double the anointing on Your servants.
8) Lord, we look for the day of Your power in Albania.
Psalm 66: 3&7
Say to God,
“How awesome are Your works!
Through the greatness of Your power
Your enemies shall submit themselves to You.
7 He rules by His power forever;
His eyes observe the nations;
Do not let the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah
Editors’ Note: Pray with me that a Balkan Prayer Group/fellowship will be raised up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area this year.