Personal Story: In 1985 I visited a couple in Kosovo, John and Maria Angelic, who just moved from Serbia to start a church in Kosovo. It was Easter Sunday and I remember thinking; “In America the churches are filled on this day but here in Kosovo there is not even one Evangelical Church to attend”.
Last week, while in Kosovo, we talked with two local pastors and they spoke of their advancing congregations. They report that although there is national dislike and sometimes persecution against the few Orthodox who remained in the area, the Evangelicals are somewhat respected.
From Operation World: Kosovo’s Albanian population is predominately Muslim. Many Kosovars are quite nominally Muslim, though extremism is on the rise. Large financial injections from Saudi Arabia and Iran come with strings attached that pull Kosovo toward more radical forms of Islam. Reportedly, hundreds of mosques have been erected using such funds… http://www.operationworld.org/koso
There is no official count of the number of Evangelicals in Kosovo today but they are growing monthly. Most of the larger cities like Pristina, Gjakovë, Prizren, etc now have growing churches.
1. God is good as he took the seed John and Maria Angelic and missionaries before them planted some 30 years ago and has allowed it to flourish. Let us now pray for exponential multiplication.
2. A lot of Muslims seem nominal toward Islam and with the right approach accessible to the Gospel. Lord, we ask for the Christians in Kosovo to be trained to reach out to their Muslim friends.
3. Let us pray against these foreign Muslim influences that are pouring money into Kosovo to “buy” the hearts of Kosovars and lead them in following the teachings of Islam.
4. Let us pray for strategies from heaven to be imparted into the leaders that will expedite the growth.
5. May the Christians be motivated to reach out to their Muslim neighbors and co-workers.
6. Lord, show the churches how they can serve their city. Give them ideas of kindness toward their cities so they may have favor in the eyes of the people.
7. Let us pray for a spirit of unity over the believers in Kosovo. Much like in the rest of the Balkans, disunity has claimed its victims in Kosovo as well. May the Body for Christ learn to live in unity, with gladness and simplicity of heart. May the world see that they are one.
Acts 2: 46-47 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.