< Please read and pray for updated IE Balkans needs in Left Column.
Serbia and Albania ready to build friendly relations
BELGRADE/TIRANA – Serbia and Albania are ready to build friendly relations and cooperate in the regional framework so as to ensure stability and prosperity in the Western Balkans, it was stated at Serbian Parliament Speaker Maja Gojkovic’s meetings with Albanian President Bujar Nishani and Parliament Speaker Ilir Meta.
The Western Balkan countries belong to the European Union, the Serbian and Albanian officials agreed, adding that they stand ready to utilize the great potentials especially in the fields of economy and EU integration, and improve youth cooperation, reads a release by the Serbian parliament.
Gojkovic, who is on the first official visit to Albania by the Serbian parliament speaker in the history of the two countries’ relations, underlined at the meeting with Meta that her visit to Tirana has historic significance and represents an important moment for bilateral relations.
Meta expressed Albania’s willingness to look forward saying that history is written by historians, and it is up to us to create a history of peace, stability and prosperity.
Throughout the years, we have asked many times for prayer specifically concerning relations between Albania and Serbia, and it is good to see diplomatic interchange of a peaceful manner. There is so much hate speech between Albanians and Serbs on the internet, through Youtube and other social sites.
1) Lets start by thanking the Lord for these talks between Albania and Serbia. Let us pray for continued softening of relations between these two regionally important countries.
2) It will take time for this softening of relations to occur. Let us pray that the damage caused buy hate speech will be exposed and rejected by those perpetrating it.
3) Ephesians 5:3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; Paul here is talking about fornication but let us apply this the Albanian and Serbian churches in regards to hate. Let this not even be considered in the churches to have bitterness toward their fellow brothers and sisters of a different nationality.
There has been an excessive amount of money laundering in Albania plus ten (10) bank employees pled guilty to stealing over 5 million in Euros. See these links for the stories:
4) Corruption in government, corruption in finances/business, when will it stop? We know man’s fallen nature and the fact that dishonesty is a sin that leads to injustice. The Lord said that “what was spoken in secret will be proclaimed from the housetops. Let us pray for exposure of corruption.
5) Let us pray for duty-determined attorneys that bring charges without taking bribes and honest courts that will prosecute to the full extent of the law.
To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
6) Though we have no knowledge of prison ministry in Albania, there are likely such ministers. The church is to go and minister to the prisoners needs. Let us pray for those called to minister to prisoners in Albania. Lord compel them to go and share Your love with the.
7) Holy Spirit, we ask that You prepare the hearts of the prisoners and we pray for revival in the Albanian prisons.
8) Lord, let the prisoners know they can be forgiven. Bring them out of the prison with hearts changed and a testimony that changes others.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.