Sunday, September 12, 2010
Pray for Romania
Romania politicians afraid to tax fortune tellers, witches
Digital Journal - 11.09.2010
Politicians in Romania were planning on taxing fortune tellers and witches to raise some much needed revenue, but others in the senate feared being cursed.
Romania's economy has been in such a severe downturn that they had to get a huge loan last year to pay state wages and pensions. The government has been looking into new ways to get more revenue into the coffers. Value-added tax (VAT) went from 19 percent to 24 percent. Public sector wages were decreased by 25 percent.
Gen. 12: 3 "I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Ex. 22: 28 “You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people."
Prov. 26: 2 Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow,
So a curse without cause shall not alight.
1) Let us pray the scriptures above over the lawmakers of Romania. Especially pray “So a curse without cause shall not alight.”
2) Let us pray for those lawmakers, that the power of superstition and fear be broken. Lord, quicken within their souls the need to repent and be “without cause”.
3) This proposed legislation only proves that fortune-telling and witchcraft is big business in Romania. In Transylvania there is a tourist industry formed around the legend of Count Dracula. Stand strong in your spirit, stand up in the prayer gap and rebuke the prince of darkness in Romania. May a Godly shame come over those that rely on familiar-spirits.
4) Lord, speak to the Christians to repent of any involvement in fortune-telling and witchcraft. May they cleanse their hands so they can stand in prayer against this curse on Romania.
5) Lord, we ask for the souls of those practicing witchcraft. Lord, raise up saints with compassionate hearts to go speak the Gospel truth to them.
6) Let us pray for the economic situation in Romania. May the Lord raise up economic intercessors for Romania. May they stand in prayer over their country, and seek Your favor for the business structures and those involved in economic decisions.
According to January 1, 2009 official estimates, Bucharest proper has a population of 1,944,367. The urban area extends beyond the limits of Bucharest proper and has a population of 2 million people. Bucharest is the 6th largest city in the European Union by population within city limits.
Economically, Bucharest is the most prosperous city in Romania and is one of the main industrial centers and transportation hubs of Eastern Europe. The city has a broad range of convention facilities, educational facilities, cultural venues, shopping arcades and recreational areas.
7) Let us pray for Bucharest. Lord, we ask that You visit that city in a special way. Lord, we know You have heart for this city. Continue to share Your heart with the intercessors. As they stand on the walls may they see where Your glory is starting to rise.
8) Lord, we pray that prayer would raise up in the city. Draw people together to seek You; whether they are in a factory, office, college, church or home church. Lord, do a new thing in Bucharest; Prepare Your revivalist.
9) Lord, scan the hearts of the Christians and find those that will burn for Bucharest. Show them how to minister to that city. There are Davids, Debras, Josephs & Mary Magdalenes in that city that will become movers and shakers to invade the institutions that God wants to use.
Thanks for your time spent in prayer. The ministry of intercession is often a lonely ministry, but the reassurance God gives is precious. You are partnering with the loving Creator of the universe to make earth a pattern of what is in heaven.
Let me give a ministry report:
First let me thank you for the donations that you have sent. Part of the ministry of FreeBalkans.com is to connect those who have with those who need. We have given $100 to a drug rehab center in Macedonia. We have given $150 toward a young boy in Serbia that needed special medical attention. Now these are small amounts, but we are trying to be faithful with what comes in. If you want to go beyond your prayers and give, then contact us for a list of known needs. Click the Donate Button on the Blog site. Also if you know of ministries in the Balkans that we can communicate with submit their information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for reading this portion. Be blessed and encouraged in the Lord.
Jerry Low, Editor and Prayer coordinator, FreeBlakans.com
Find more information about Romania at http://http://freebalkans.com/Romania.html