Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Pray for Montenegro
Mountains, mountains, everywhere mountains. Montenegro is covered with mountains. The name even means Black Mountain.
I look to the mountains;
where will my help comes from?
My help will come from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1
1) Let us pray that the people of Montenegro will look at God’s marvelous creation, and how He laid out the mountains and will recognize His glory.
Montenegro, like much of Europe, exhibits vestiges of a Christian past. Though Christian symbolism is visible, however, it is relegated merely to architecture.
2) Ask the Lord how you should pray for all the empty church buildings in Montenegro of past generations. They were built well so they are there for many more generations. Is there a spiritual seed to water or do we plant new seeds?
3) The early Apostles and Prophet must have preached on the mountains of Macedonia. Can those seeds be resurrected? We say Yes, and Amen!
4) I just want to see priest getting saved and on fire for God. Lord, break the traditions and bring forth new life.
5) Oh, Lord, let the Holy Spirit loose in Montenegro. Lord, You said that in the last days You would pour out Your Spirit on all flesh. That means Montenegro also.
There was a seed planted in 1996. No known evangelical church existed in Montenegro until 1996. That year Dusan Kljaic, a graduate of Evangelical Theological Seminary in Osijek, Croatia, came to establish a congregation.
6) There has been congregations spring up because of that seed planted by Dusan. Lord, we ask that You breathe on those evangelical churches. May You, Lord, live through their testimony.
7) Let us pray that doors of opportunity will open up for the Christians in Montenegro. The tourist business is positioned to grow in Montenegro, May Christians have strategies to provide food, shelter and other accommodations for the tourist.
I traverse the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,
That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries. Psalm 8:20-21
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. Psalm 13:21
8) Lord, You said You would bless the righteous. Lord, Montenegrin Christians need Your help now. We pray in agreement with God’s word. May every Christian have a job and joyfully bring their tithe into the house of the Lord.
More Info. at http://tpe.ag.org/2009PDFs/4956_Montenegro.pdf