Pray for Serbia
Often this happens to me, I will be listening to a message from my pastor or another teacher/preacher and the Lord will say to me, “You need to pray that over the Balkans or a particular country in the Balkans.” It happened yesterday while I was listening to my pastor’s Sunday morning message. He was speaking on Ephesians and I knew there was prayer points in that book God wanted me to pray over Serbia
The church in Serbia needs to know its place in the plan of God and know the mighty God they serve.
1) If Jesus was hurting wouldn’t He heal His body? We as Christians are the Body of Christ and He want us to be healed. Lord we ask for a healing of the churches in Serbia. Lord, we not only want to see the Christians healed physically but heal the hurts that unrighteousness brings.
2) Here is the word from the Lord. Eph. 5: 25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. Jesus is making His church clean and pure worldwide. Let us pray that this generation of Christian Serbs will submit to His total redemption and come forth blameless.
3) Jesus is committed to purify His Church. There is no darkness to dark to stop the redeeming power of Jesus Christ. Lord root out any darkness in the churches. Back biting, immorality, jealousy, covetousness, and especially that Jezebel spirit, be gone in the name of Jesus. We declare freedom to come forth in the Serbian churches.
4) Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. Lord let no Serbian Christian think they are far off from your grace. They are cleansed by the blood of Jesus and they have the fullness of His mercy every morning. Lord, we pray that You will renew Your love, joy and peace in the churches there.
Eph. 2:4-6 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
5) Do it Lord, do it
a. release your rich mercy
b. make the Serbian churches alive in You
c. raise them up to sit in heavenly places with You.
6) Eph. 4: 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Let the power of sin be torn off. May they stand in Jesus’ redemption, ready to go forth in good works to bring hope to Serbia.
Pray for Belgrade, Serbia
Belgrade is a very old city, first established by the Romans. The records show that the city, being in a strategic location, was battled over in 115 wars and razed to the ground 44 times since the ancient period by countless armies of the East and West. The locals say it has been destroyed fifty (50) times by invading armies. There is endurance deep in the souls of the people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgrade#cite_note-8
7) Oh, Lord, we know You like endurance in Your people. Lord, we pray that this enduring spirit will be turned to a steadfast love for You. Let the people of Belgrade praise You.
8) With there only being an estimated one thousand (1,000) evangelical Christians in this city of 1.7 million, let us pray for evangelism to be released in Belgrade.
9) Lord, we ask that You raise up faithful intercessors to pray day and night for Belgrade.
10) Belgrade is a very dark city with sin abounding openly. My wife did a prayer-walk in Belgrade three years ago and her team reported an oppressive spirit that kept them from praying efficiently. Lord, we pray that you will shake the atmosphere over Belgrade and cast those oppressive spirits down.
11) Lord we pray for the Serbian Orthodox Church. Lord, light a fire in their mist. We believe You can raise the dead.
You may be wondering about the picture above. About a month ago I took a prophetic course and part of the course was to paint a prophetic picture. Now I am not an artist but this picture is what I was inspired to paint. It represents Belgrade with the rivers running through it. I hope you can make out the two hands holding the city. Actually these are my hands; because God continues to make Belgrade the burden of my heart. The white spot in the middle is the main Serbian Orthodox Church, the heart of the Serb nation and the main source of national pride.