* We value your feedback. Please comment or leave a responce at the end. *
I am being drawn toward the poor for our Macedonian prayer points. Let us pray for the poor, orphans, widows and down trodden of Macedonia.
Macedonia’s Economy: Macedonia has maintained macroeconomic stability with low inflation, but it has so far lagged the region in attracting foreign investment and creating jobs, despite making extensive fiscal and business sector reforms. Official unemployment remains high at 32%, but may be overstated based on the existence of an extensive gray market (illegal trade), estimated to be more than 20% of GDP that is not captured by official statistics.
I was overwhelmed by all the scriptures in the Bible concerning the poor.
Blessed is he who considers the poor; The LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
1) Let us go beyond considering the poor and ask for the lifting up of the poor in Macedonia. Lord, how can we get involved.
1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up.
2) It is true, the Lord makes the poor and makes the rich, but we want to pray into the second part of the verse; “He brings low and lifts up”. Lord, we know You desire to bless all the people of Macedonia so we pray that both rich and poor would be lifted up.
1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory.
3) God knows how to bless whom He wants to bless. God chooses the lowly and blesses them. Let us pray for that poor would give their financial concerns unto the Lord and therefore be able to receive His blessings.
The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
4) The wicked rich persecute the poor. Let us pray that the rich of Macedonia would be humbled before the poor. Lord, expose the financial schemes to rob the poor.
“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise,” says the LORD; “I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.”
5) Let us stand in the gap and join in their yearnings. I truly believe your prayers are highly considered by the Lord when He decides to bless a people or nation. Let us agree with the Lord and ask for His favor on the poor of Macedonia. Lord, we ask that the spirit of poverty be broken over Macedonia.
For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
6) There was a time when Macedonians gave to the poor of Jerusalem. (These were likely Greek Macedonians) Lord, we ask that churches outside Macedonia would repay a blessing for a blessing that was given long ago.
But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind.
7) Let the churches be full of feasting and let the poor be invited to sit at the Lord’s table.
8) With 32% unemployment in Macedonia, Lord, we ask for Your help. Lord. Even teach Christians how to acquire wealth.
He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor.
9) Lord, we pray for the children of Macedonia. May the Gospel be presented to them. We pray for Christians that will go out into the neighbors and present Jesus to the children.
10) Lord, we pray for the widows and orphans. May the churches take the responsibility to minister to them as You commanded.