Monday, February 21, 2011
Pray for Montenegro - - - - - -
1) Back during the week of Oct. 12, 2009 our prayer for Montenegro was:” Let us pray that the government of Montenegro would be directed by men and women of wisdom that can discern the global financial times and make laws that encourage invention, wealth building strategies and open doors to commercial markets. Actually Montenegro needs godly Men and women in government positions.”
Let us continue to pray as the following news shows God is answering that prayer in Montenegro economically.
Fifteen companies are interested in developing the Montenegro shelf of the Adriatic Sea – producing hydrocarbons. The ministry said "Basing on surveys done in the southern part of the Adriatic Sea, a lot of promising sites with commercially attractive oil and gas fields were discovered." In 2010, Montenegro government approved granting concessions for geological surveys and oil production. In December, the ministry asked companies interested in concessions to file their bids. http://www.steelguru.com/russian_news/Novatek_interested_in_Adriatic_Sea_shelf/191817.html
2) Overall Montenegro is still very poor. The average family has a low income. Lord, we know You especially love the poor. We pray that the churches be given resources to give to the poor.
3) Lord, we ask that you choose out faithful men and women that will have the ministry of serving the tables.
Acts 6:2-3 Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business;
4) There have been many years of oppression from government and men with wicked intent. Let us pray what the prophet Isaiah spoke over Israel:
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
Lord, we pray that Montenegrins would have their sorrows driven away and that they would dance in the streets full of new wine.
5) Lord, raise up men and women of God that will desire to above all walk in righteousness. Lord, we know that justice and anointing follow such men.
6) Many Montenegrins have an interest in spiritual things but when there is no healthy evangelical church they will turn to cults and witchcraft. Let us pray for Christians proclaim the love of God with boldness.
7) Lord, we are asking for hope to arise in Montenegro.
8) We pray for protection of the churches in Montenegro. When the Holy Spirit starts flowing through the churches some outside forces feel threatened.
You are invited to read my short message on God wants to Partner with Us at www.freebalkans.com/extra2
Please, leave a comment or reaction so we will know you prayed.