Pray for Croatia
Summer time in Croatia along the Adriatic Sea coast is packed with mainly European vacationers.
Every year I pray for outreach to these vacationers. I hope one of these days to actually participate on one of these outreaches. The amazing thing is that exactly 25 years ago this week I was visiting that coast. Zuzanna and I were in Pula for a Christian conference. I remember this well because the next week on July 19th we were married.
God has given Croatia a beautiful coast and people come enjoy it especially during the summer. Tourism is Croatia’s main economic income.
1) Let us pray for those vacationing on the Croatian coast. May God communicate His love for them through His creation.
2) We pray that the Holy Spirit would reach out to these vacationers, as they are away from their work and routines of life. Holy Spirit, reach out to them and draw them to their Creator.
3) Lord, we pray that doors of ministry would open to these tourist. Let us pray for churches to send out teams to encounter them with the Gospel.
The Lord just showed me a mental picture of an Information Center set up on the side of the road. Christians manned the Center and they would help tourist with local logistics. Then they would give the tourist a free book to read; Maybe a novel that leads the reader to the plan of salvation.
4) Let us pray for evangelist that will go to the beaches. Give them strategies to respectfully present Jesus.
Matthew 27:1 “When morning came, all the chief priest and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death.”
The enemy wants to stop God’s servants from delivering the Gospel to Croatians. The enemy is using government, media, and the Catholic church to ridicule evangelical churches. The politicians and priest have plotted together to keep things the way they are.
5) Let us rebuke the enemy and his ability to dilute the Gospel. Revelation 3:16 “So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”
6) Let us pray for the reversal of all that luke-warmness has caused: no moral standards, corruption in government and business, broken marriages, disillusioned youth, drugs, alcoholism, etc.
7) Let us pray for the pastors of Croatia as they labor for the Lord under heavy pressure. Reassure them that their sacrifice is not in vain.