Pray for Greece
1) I know we are always praying for Greece’s financial situation, but that seems to be their national problem now. We need to pray that the Greeks will learn their lesson and not create huge entitlements in the future. They have promised more than they can afford. Luke 14:28
For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it—
2) There is much corruption in the Greece government. Let us pray for exposure of those robbing the public treasury which results in a lack of citizen confidence. - 1 Samuel 8:3
But his sons did not walk in his ways; they turned aside after dishonest gain, took bribes, and perverted justice.
3) Corruption can be exposed but there has to be righteous judges for justice to be served. Let us pray for righteous judges for Greece. Judges that do not take a bribe but adhere to the letter of the Law (original intent).
4) Let us pray for the use of the Internet and social networking to expose corruption. Let there be a new citizen raise up that will seek justice and have the boldness to speak against it. We pray for righteous nationalist that will demand the truth. Proverbs 13:11
Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, But he who gathers by labor will increase
... the sovereign debt crisis in Greece has caused many to question the government support and tax breaks given to the Greek Orthodox Church. Some 100,000 people have joined a Greek Facebook page, "Tax the Church." Church finances, tax payments and assets lack transparency. However campaigners claim that [the] Greek Orthodox Church owns more land than any entity other than the state and owns 1.5% of the National Bank of Greece. The government spends 268 million Euros each year paying the salaries of 9,000 priests as well as pensions for retired clergy. The Church says it paid 1.3 million Euros in taxes last year. The Church says payments of priests' salaries are justified by the fact that the Church handed over 96% of the property it owned to the state when Greece became independent of the Ottoman Empire in 1821. Also several ministry buildings, universities and hospitals in Athens are on church property that is leased to the state for a nominal amount.
5) First of all I have to give an opinion before praying. First the state should not be paying the priest’s salaries, even though the church gave the government land originally. Second the church should not be in business to profit financially anyway; having a 1.5% investment in banks shows they are profiting. The fact they are leasing out buildings to the state is profiting also. Now I do believe hospitals and universities are better run by the Christian principles. It looks like the Greek Orthodox Church has set up a system where they are sustained by the state not its members.
6) Let us pray that the Greek Orthodox Church would stop using the state for financial gain.
7) Because of this church state union, corruption is in the church also. Let us pray against this unholy union. The church cannot speak against sin in government if they are part of the government. Because the Orthodox Church is corrupt like the government and because the Gospel is therefore perverted; Let us pray that God’s true believers would question church doctrine in light of scripture.
8) Lord, we ask that You would send the pure Gospel out across Greece.
9) Let us pray that Greeks would wake up to the fact that Jesus saves, not tradition.10) Let us pray for the Greek Orthodox Church. Lord, we ask for an invasion of the Holy Spirit.
11) For deep warfare for the city of Athens:
While I was in Athens, Greece on June 1st., While looking for souvenirs in the shops I saw vile sexual images displayed for sale, and most were at the level that children could see them. I kept hearing the word “vulgar”. I believe the Lord was saying, “There is a vulgar spirit over the city”.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you prayed.