Although Turkey is considered a secular state it is undeniably Islamic in culture and Christian churches are tolerated as long as they stay confined.
1. Ask the Lord to expose the lies and endless misinformation about Jesus Christ, the Bible and Christians that have hardened and deceived hearts throughout this land of Turkey.
2. Pray that the Christian fellowship in the Beşiktaş district of Istanbul will soon receive legal status as a church. Ask the Lord to bless the outreach of this exciting body of believers.
3. Let us pray protection over the churches in Turkey. We pray that the enemy will be distracted and confused.
4. Over the past five years Houses of Prayer have been organized to intercede and establish an open heaven in critical areas of Turkey. Let us pray that God would come down with transforming power to take spiritual dominion.
5. Let us pray for Gospel Radio being broadcast into Turkey.
a. Pray that many would tune in and be touched by the Gospel. May the Holy Spirit open their hearts to receive Jesus.
b. May Truth overcome the lies of the past.
c. Lord, we ask for undeniable confirmation in their hearts of their salvation.
d. Pray that many Turks would contact the ministries that are offering Bible correspondence.
6. Also there are many coming to Jesus through the Internet. Let us pray for Internet ministers that can use the Turkish language to reach the curious and searching. Anoint their keyboards.
7. Many of these radio and Internet converts are alone, surrounded by unbelievers. Lord, we ask that You spend special intimate time with them making Your presence very real to them.
8. The nation’s undisputed political leader is 57-year-old Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan – a Muslim cleric, onetime semi-professional soccer player, and former mayor of Istanbul. “We didn’t come to rule!” he says to admiring crowds. “We came to serve you!” Pray according to 1 Timothy 2:1-2 for this man and the government he leads. “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.”
9. There is a healthy “going forward” attitude in Turkey. Last year the country’s economy grew faster than all leading nations except China and India. Pray that this progress will benefit those in greatest need. Unemployment is high in the Eastern Turkey and among young people.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you prayed.