I was so looking forward to praying for Romania. If you have been keeping up with me you know that last month I was in Romania ministering in some villages. (You can read the full account and look at the pictures at www.freebalkans.com/Extra1.html)
The following report will also give light to a direction of prayer for us.
Romania has worst living conditions in EU - Romanian Times
Romania is among the EU countries with the worst living conditions, as 43 per cent of its population live in dwellings with no indoor flushing toilet, according to Eurostat data made public today (2/23/2011). Read More at: http://www.romaniantimes.at/news/General_News/2011-02-23/13277/_Romania_has_worst_living_conditions_in_EU
Now this is really hard for me to believe (43%) but I did see it reported at another source.
1) Let us rise up and speak the name of Jesus over poverty in Romania. Lord, You said the poor would always be with us. Also, You said to give to the poor, so we pray for their needs at this time.
2) We pray that the Lord of the Harvest would bring in a material harvest for the poor of Romania.
3) Let us pray that extra attention be given to the infrastructure of pipes, sewage and drainage, even in the hard to reach villages.
4) Let us pray Joel 2:25
And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
During the communist days the economy was devastated and modernization was put on hold.
5) I want us to pray for the village of Apata in central Romania and “Church on a Hill”. This is the church that organized the ministry to the gypsies in the villages in that area. The pastor is Eduard Rurolf and the youth leader is Gyuszi Simon. Please lift these people up to the Lord for protection and blessing.
6) Also pray for European Initiative out of Berlin, Germany that raised the money for the coats, blankets, shoes, etc that were given to the village families. There was a count of 87 people that were saved. More information on EI at www.einews.org.
7) Let us pray for the Gypsies in Romania. They are so open to the Gospel.
a. Let us pray that Christians will open their hearts to the Gypsies and go take the Gospel to them.
b. The enemy is waking up to the fact that many Gypsies are getting saved, so let us pray that the seeds planted will be watered and nurtured. We ask You, Lord, to put a hedge of protection around them
c. There are many needs in the villages; many adults can’t read, alcoholism, and yes, indoor plumbing is rare. The Gospel will give hope, inspire creativity, open doors of opportunity and enlighten paths to prosperity. Pray that the Gypsies would follow Jesus into a better life.
8) Also let the Lord lead you in prayer for the government, prayer against corruption, prayer that evil men and women be exposed, and not only meet justice but learn of grace and mercy their Creator offers.
Please leave a comment or reaction so we will know you prayed.