Week of May 14-20, 2012
According to the Eurobarometer Poll 2005, 37% of Slovenian citizens responded that "they believe there is a god", whereas 46% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 16% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force". (Info from Wikipedia)
Generally in historic Christian countries you will get way over 50% that believe in the God of the Bible. The statistics above show that only 37% believe there is a God. Then there is an alarming 46% plus 16% that do not believe in the God of the Bible. This may be why Slovenia has the highest suicide rate in the Balkans and is ranked 6th in the world. (This was a 2005 poll, but recent reports show little change)
1. Hope, hope, hope, this is what Slovenia needs. Thank You Lord that You bring abundant hope.
2. Lord, we ask that You send out Your angels to soften the hard hearts. Prepare the people to hear the Gospel. Slovenia needs Your help.
Luke 13: 6-6 NKJV
He also spoke this parable: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’ But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’”
3. The “keeper” in the above parable is like unto an intercessor. Lord, we ask that You call out the intercessors to pray for Slovenia; Station watchmen on the walls.
4. Let us pray for the Slovenian Evangelical Christians to be burdened for their countrymen. Lord, raise up churches in Slovenia that will be safe places for the lost and newly redeemed to find healing. May there be trained ministers that can walk young Christians through emotional healing.
5. Let us pray for anointed teachers to present the Gospel in purity and truth. Thank You, Lord, that Your Word cleanses us and shows us how to walk righteous before You.
Amos 9:13 “Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, And all the hills shall flow with it.
6. Lord, we pray for “plowmen” and “treaders” that will go quickly into the harvest field. Lord, we know this happens when the Holy Spirit blows across the land. Holy Spirit blow upon Slovenia.
7. May the Slovene people ascend the mountain of the Lord and find His sweet wine. May they be so full of the sweetness of the Lord that they will spill out over the hills and into the valleys.
8. Lord, we rebuke that lying spirit of suicide that inhabits Slovenia. Come Lord, and set the people free.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.