Week of May-7-13,2012
Economic Headlines in Serbia
• Serbian currency continues its downward slide
• Serbian First-Quarter GDP Contracts 1.3%, Flash Estimate
• Also: 24 percent unemployment, a weak dinar, accusations of endemic corruption, and weak economic growth.
Sunday May 6th there was an election and the above facts weighted heavy on the outcome. If you have time read the following news article: Milosevic Party Emerges as Kingmaker
The final vote tally is not expected until Thursday May 10th. There will have to be a run-off election in a few weeks to discover the presidential victor. After talking with Christian friends from Serbia, it looks like the man they favor, Boris Tadic, will win but will have to make compromising appointments to obtain the votes needed.
1) Let us pray for the shakeout of this election. As Christians we are to pray for peace in the land and believe God to let righteousness rule.
2) Let us pray for the present president Boris Tadic. We pray that he stand firm for what is right.
3) Let us pray for the Serbian media as they report developments leading up to the run-off election. May truth be revealed. Secrets that are hidden, may they come to the surface.
4) Lord, most of all we pray that the Serbian people will hear/know the truth, even truth in politics. Lord, we also pray for rational thinking as the people analyze whom they should vote for. May they not be led astray by false hopes and emotional pleas.
Over the years I have found that a country usually gets the government they deserve. God is a just God whether a nation needs judgment or blessing. God does respond to the Church when they pray.
2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
1 Timothy 2:1-3
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
5) Let us pray for revival in Serbia. With less than 0.01% being evangelical Christian, Serbia is very dark and without Biblical understanding.
6) Let us pray for revival in the churches. May the Serbian Christians repent and be purged of sin so they will be a light to the hurting around them.
7) Lord, we ask for the Church worldwide to turn its focus on Serbia. Lord, send missionaries from the east and west. The physical country of Serbia is seeking financial investment from abroad, although this would be helpful, we ask for prayer investment and servants that just love the Serbian people.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.