Pray for Bulgaria
Week of May 11-17,2012
Let us confront the enemy.
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
In the news: Vampire Hype to Boost Bulgaria's Tourism
People on three continents are excited about Bulgarian vampires in the wake of local archeologists claiming to have found a vampire skeleton in the Black Sea town of Sozopol.
The skeleton is believed to be about 700 years old. In the past, because of the fear of vampires, sometimes deceased loved ones were buried with a spike pierced through their chest, believing that would keep them from coming back to life to terrorize the villages.
You might say, well that was 700 years ago, surely no one believes in those myths today. Perhaps, however we do know the devil has a way of changing his techniques of witchcraft in order to keep a country enslaved from generation to generation.
Surva International Festival of the Masquerade – In the city of Pernik, about 20 Kilometers from Sofia, there is a festival held every year in January that is much like Mardi-Gras in New Orleans, Louisiana. It has its roots in the Dionysian Mysteries. The Dionysian Mysteries were a ritual of ancient Greece which used intoxicants and other trance-inducing techniques (like dance and music) to remove inhibitions and social constraints, liberating the individual to return to a [so called] natural state.
Recently there was a 5.8-6.0-magnitude earthquake in Bulgaria and the epicenter was Pernik. There were no deaths but there was damage. http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=139746
IN the news: Bulgarian Officials Persecute Pastor over Homeschooling
Authorities in the former communist nation of Bulgaria are reportedly persecuting a pastor and his family over their decision to homeschool, prompting an international outcry among home-education advocates who are calling on officials involved in the growing scandal to drop the case immediately. The matter is even more urgent now as the father has been threatened with criminal charges of "child abuse" for removing his son from government school, according to activist groups and news reports.
1. Let us pray for Bulgaria, asking for the Lord to look down upon that land.
2. First Lord, we ask that the Christians of Bulgaria would seek You with all their hearts. Lord, we pray that a hunger for Your ways would burn within the people.
3. Lord, were You in the earthquake?
Job 37:4 After it a voice roars; He thunders with His majestic voice, And He does not restrain them when His voice is heard.
The LORD also will roar from Zion, And utter His voice from Jerusalem; The heavens and earth will shake; But the LORD will be a shelter for His people, And the strength of the children of Israel.
4. Lord, we thank You for the report that Christians are taking Bibles to the quake victims. Lord, let an angel accompany each Bible, protecting it and blessing the house it is in. Let us pray that these Bibles will be read. Holy Spirit, we know You will teach and soften hearts.
5. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Lord as we submit to You we want to resist the plans of the devil over Bulgaria. We rebuke him in Your name, Lord Jesus.
6. Lord, show Your saints how to do battle against the enemy. Empower them to stand and proclaim the promises of our God in the enemies face. If the enemy can organize and empower festivals then why can’t the Lord’s people gather and in unity rebuke such unrighteousness? [ I don’t know the laws in Bulgaria concerning Christian expression on the streets but I see in my spirit organized Christians going into this Masquerade festival and being very vocal for Jesus.]
7. Lord, we rebuke the vampire spirit. The enemy would like to use this, so we pray that the popularity of this story would diminish.
8. Let us pray for the right of Christians to homeschool their children in Bulgaria. May the laws guaranty this right and that there would be cooperation and acceptance on the part of the public schools.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.