Week of Aug 13 - 19, 2012
In my research before writing this prayer directive, I kept coming across articles about coastal development in Albania. There are projects being planned to build resorts to attract tourist and vacationers. The Albanian government is seeking investors to help them develop their Adriatic coast.
1) Lord, we ask for Your blessings upon the restoration of natural beauty and resorts in Albania. Let us pray for investors that will have a heart for Albania and want to give back to the people from the profits.
2) Let us pray for open doors for Christians to be involved in this development of Albanian’s natural resources: Christian investors, construction workers, hospitality and service workers. Lord, bless Your people with jobs.
I felt concerned about the Church in Albania. Please join me in praying Ephesians 4:11-16 over the Albanian church.
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
3) Let us pray for unity among the Albanian Christians. Pray that they would “…come to the unity of the stature of the fullness of Christ;”. Lord, develop the “five-fold ministry” in the Albanian churches.
4) Lord, raise up Pastors that will show Your love to the people. Men and women that can be trusted with the lives of others. May they be examples of the Father’s heart.
5) Let us pray for Teachers that have spent hours with You, Lord, looking to You for understanding of Your Word. Let the teaching mantle fall upon them to rightly divide the Word of God.
6) Lord, raise up Prophets that hear from You and are full of boldness to proclaim and decree Your Word. Let us pray for a school of the prophets, where there is an open heaven for men and women of God hear from the Lord. May they have an open door to stand up in the churches to not only edify the churches with a clear Word from God but to speak out against sin and rebuke the devil to flee.
7) Let us pray for the Evangelist to go forth and proclaim the salvation message. Lord raise up men and women that will have hearts that burn for the lost.
8) Lord, raise up seasoned men that have walked close to You, that have proven their service to the church and have the wisdom to oversee Your works in Albania. Let the Apostolic anointing be evident in their lives. May the Albanian Christians show them the proper respect.
9) Let the day come when the Albanian church will be seen as mature and abounding in the things of God.
10) The report is that the Muslims in Albania are not devout to their religion. That means they should be easier to reach. Let us pray for evangelism to go out to the Muslims in Albania. Open a door Lord that no one can shut. (About 63% of Albania is Muslim)
A very important date is coming soon; Balkan Prayer Day 2012 - Christians and intercessors that love the Balkans have set aside this coming September 2nd to pray for the Balkan countries. Read more at http://www.balkannetworks.org/balkan-prayer-day-2012/about-the-day/
Also Please read the Plans Box to the right. We are in the middle of a Coat drive now.