Monday, November 12, 2012
Pray for Bulgaria
I met a man recently here in Dallas who is from Varsa, Bulgaria. He is here studying to earn a degree so he can return and help others like himself to secede in life. This really thrills me because I often pray for Balkan nationals to return to their country of origins to give back to that country. Svitlin is a gypsy and was an orphan. His mother left him at the hospital when he was born. He grew up in an orphanage in Bulgaria. He had every reason not to succeed. He determined to come to America and get an education. He was blessed to find a sponsor. His plans are to return to Bulgaria and work with orphans. After talking with him many times, I am amazed at hearing his heart.
As you can see, this young man has touched me. Many times over the years I have been praying for the “brain drain” of the Balkans; Many success-minded individuals who are discouraged by the lack of opportunity in the Balkans are immigrating.
1) Although we are mainly praying for Bulgaria, let us pray for these immigrates from the Balkan countries. First of all may they be surrounded by Christians and see the love of Jesus lived out through them. Second, they would decide to let Jesus captivate their hearts. Third, they would get a burden for their home land.
2) Let us pray for Bulgarian immigrates wherever they are in the world. Lord, bring them to You and then bring them back to Bulgaria.
3) Let us pray for Svitlin. Lord, protect him here in America and help him all along the way to acquire his skills and credentials. I know Svitlin is a chosen vessel for Bulgaria. Even here in America he is leading others to Jesus.
Bulgarians are responding more and more to the Gospel. People are coming to the evangelical churches and giving their lives to Jesus. It is positive to even see a great percent of parents favoring religious teaching in the public schools.
4) First of all let us thank the Lord, for many Bulgarians coming to Jesus. Lord, Give them teachers that are anointed to expound upon the uncompromising Word.
5) Pray that Christians would want to go into teaching. Pray they would stand firm in their faith through their time in the universities.
6) Let us pray for teachers in the public schools to teach scripture in the religion classes and not church dogma.
7) Let us pray for the Evangelical churches. Pray that they would continue to be a light upon a hill shining God’s love out to the Bulgarian people.
Isaiah 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
8) Let us pray for abundant joy in the Bulgarian Christians. A joy that overflows to their families, friends, work place and in the market place. Lord, show them how You desire to walk with them daily wherever they go. May they be known as the people of joy.
9) Let us pray for the Orthodox church in Bulgaria. If only they would seek the power and freedom Jesus desires for them to walk in.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.