IN THE NEWS:
Greek commerce sector report paints bleak picture - Bradenton HeraldATHENS, Greece — Employment in the Greek commerce sector shrank by over 12 percent in the past year and there is going to be no improvement in 2013, a report by the sector's main association claims.
CNN: Greece’s Disappearing Middle Class
… Greece’s disappearing middle class is included among October’s most popular videos, which show how the financial crisis and the austerity measures are turning Greece’s middle class into newly-poor.
The video shows the everyday life of Greeks who used to be well-off, but within two years had their lives ruined. An example is a widow, former nurse, struggling to live on a 200 euro allowance. The reporter also shows the 7-member family trying to get through the daily agony of putting food in their empty refrigerator. According to recent research, over 900,000 families are facing poverty. In total, 2,341,400 people are living below poverty line.
makes a comeback in southern Greece - Aljazeera.com
Forty-years since the last recorded case of malaria in Greece, the disease everyone thought was a thing of the past is back. There have been 28 cases among the Greek population in the southern agricultural land of Laconia in the last year alone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V8IA8e33Xw
After reading all that bad news, I thought of the following scriptures:Psalms 25: 12-15.
Who is the man that fears the Lord?
Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
He himself shall dwell in prosperity,
And his descendants shall inherit the earth.
The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him,
And He will show them His covenant.
My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
For He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
1. May the Fear of the Lord come upon Greece and have their feet plucked out of the net.
2. Their government is so messed up, corruption has been a curse, men are giving up because of a lack of hope and there is a demand for sacrifice from the people. Truly Greece is a government that needs divine intervention. We pray for a healthy humility to come upon the people of Greece.
3. We ask You Lord, to prepare the people of Greece to receive tough love. As they go through this time of breaking, may they call upon the Lord for help.
4. Lord, Greece needs Your help. Greece needs a move of God, a revival. When the Gospel was first brought to Greece by the Apostle Paul, the Greeks and Macedonians had an open mind. Paul talked about how that the people of Athens spent their time seeking out new philosophies (Acts 17:21). Lord, open their minds and hearts once again.
5. There are many evangelical churches in the country. Lord, show these churches that this is the critical hour for them to reach out to the hurting of Greece. Since the government can no longer guaranty support in hard times may the churches bring relief, house to house.
6. We ask for a coming forth of evangelist in Greece. May the Lord stir up a fire and passion for the lost. May they be sent to the lost sheep of Greece.
7. Let us pray for the release of money into the churches. May Greeks throughout the world see an opportunity to help their countrymen financially. Let the money come from Greek Christians worldwide.
8. Lord, we ask for You to stop this malaria outbreak.
9. I have heard of a House-of Prayer in Athens but have not made contact. Let us pray for the protection and the blessing on it. Lord, draw your intercessors there to pray and grow in intimacy. As the depth of the convent is reveled may they understand the secrets of the Lord and His plans for the Greek people. We pray for an open heaven of revelation as they confront the sins of their nation.Good News:
150,000 Bulgarians in Greece for Christmas Holidays
Thousands of vehicles from Bulgaria are expected to flood the Greek roads as our neighbors are visiting Greece to celebrate Christmas. The massive tourism wave is expected on Christmas and New Year’s Day according to the Bulgarian newspaper Telegraph <READ MORE>
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.