Monday, April 22, 2013
Pray for Slovenia
After Cyprus, Slovenia will be the next euro zone country to succumb to a bailout
Markets are betting that Slovenia will be the next euro zone country to succumb to a bailout. In contrast to Cyprus, Slovenia's banking system is not large - around 1.4 times as big as the economy - and there are negligible foreign depositors. But the Slovenian banks, most of them state-owned, are crippled with bad loans, which reached 14.4 percent of their loan books last year. Like Cyprus, Slovenia does not have the money to recapitalize them, Reuters notes. http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=172863
1) First of all let us rebuke that news headline. In our prayers for Slovenia let us replace “will be” with “will not be”.
2) Let us pray for wise men and women to arise with wisdom from on high. Lord, bring forth those who know the times and know how to work out the least painful way to avoid economic short-fall.
The following prayer directives are mainly directed toward the Christians in Slovenia.
Deuteronomy 27: 11-13 And Moses commanded the people on the same day, saying, “These shall stand on Mount Gerizim to bless the people, when you have crossed over the Jordan: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Joseph, and Benjamin; and these shall stand on Mount Ebal to curse: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.(NKJV)
Moses gave Israel a prophetic act to preform when they would come into the land. In Deuteronomy Moses had laid out the law and he was about to explain the Blessings and the Curses. The tribes were to be divided with one group stationing themselves on Mt. Gerizim to speak the blessings of God and the other group to stand on Mt. Ebal to speak the curses of God. These two mountains faced each other. These were not necessarily declarations or proclamations but rather reminders to the people of how God would judge them in the land.
3) Let us ask the Lord to speak these blessings and curses in the ears and the hearts of the Slovene people. We do not ask for legalism but rather clear guidelines to righteousness.
4) May the God anointed pastors and teachers in Slovenia clearly proclaim the whole counsel of God so the Christians may know how to walk in righteousness.
5) Slovenia is a mountainous area; May the mountains sing out the ways of the Lord. May Slovenia be saved from the wrath to come, May the earth proclaim His glory.
Isaiah 55:12 “For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
The mountains and the hills
Shall break forth into singing before you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. (NKJV)
There is a dear brother named Todd that sends out a prayer calendar each month with guidelines on how to pray for Slovenia. His prayer calendar for April 22 – 30, 2013 ask us to pray for children. May we join in praying for the following concerns regarding the Slovenian children of Christians and you may pray these for all children:
6) Pray for Assurance of Salvation (Jn. 3:16, 10:28-29; 1 Jn. 5:13)
7) Pray for Spiritual Blessing (Eph. 1:3-14, 3:17-19, 5:8-10)
8) Pray for Repentance (Ps. 32:1-2, 1 Jn. 1:5-9)
9) Pray for Sanctification (2 Co. 3:18, James 1:2-4, Heb. 12:5-11)
10) Pray for Hope and Rest (Jer.29:11 Matt. 11:28-30; Rom. 15:13 Phil. 4:6-7)
11) Pray for Comfort (Matt.5:4; Jn. 14:16-18)
12) Pray for Friendships (Eccl. 4:9-12; Prov. 27:5-6; 1 Cor. 15:33)
13) Pray for Effective Parents (Prov.20:7; Eph.6:4)
14) Pray for Godly Heritage (Ps. 127:35, 128:1-4; 1 Cor. 7:32-35)
15) Pray for Protection (Jam. 5:14-16; Jn. 17:15; 2 Thes. 3:3; 1 Cor. 10:13)
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.