In the News: Law Enforcement Re-examines Islamic Groups in the Balkans
Measures are being taken to follow the activities of such groups to prevent potential terrorist acts, according to Zoran Mitevski, former assistant director of the Intelligence Agency of Macedonia.
"These organizations are active in BiH [Bosnia and Herzegovina] but also in Sandzak [Serbia] and in Kosovo, and they continually try to expand their activities in Macedonia. The radical Islamic groups' activists are trained and financed from sources in the Middle East and the potential danger lies in the fact that activists are trained to produce explosive devices including those similar to the recent bombings in Boston, according to Ivan Babanovski, analyst and former security studies professor at Security Faculty in Skopje.
Iran has been increasingly linked to the Islamic movements in BiH capable of carrying out terrorist acts, according to veteran security analyst Dzevad Galijasevic.
Babanovski said new members are recruited by… groups that organize free courses, religious gatherings and lectures.
1) Islam is growing in the Balkans and Bosnia Herzegovina is a targeted country. Let us pray for confusion in the camp of the enemy. May they hear a rumor and leave in fear.
2 Kings 19:7 Surely I will send a spirit upon him, and he shall hear a rumor and return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land.
2) Lord, we ask that the radicals would be exposed and justice rendered. Pray also that the radical teaching material in these mosques would be exposed.
3) Let us pray that the media of Bosnia Herzegovina would not hide the truth about these groups.
4) Let us pray for the police and investigative agencies that are pursuing radical Islamic activity. May they be like hunting hounds that are able to “sniff-out” their prey.
5) Let us pray that the Lord would continue to raise up intercessors to pray against this radicalization in Bosnia. Pray that many would be raised up with a burden to reach lost Muslims.
6) A great percentage of the Muslims in Bosnia Herzegovina are not religious. Many drink alcohol and eat pork. It takes effort but they are more accessible with the Gospel than the Muslim countries of the Middle East. Let us pray for labors.
7) Lord, we pray that individuals and teams would to be sent out for full-time ministers or even as tent-maker ministries to show acts of kindness to the Muslim culture of Bosnia Herzegovina. I see individual saints befriending Muslims through acts of kindness.
8) Let us pray for those that will be raised up that have boldness to go into the mosques and reason with the imams. They will not fear death but will shine with the glory of God in the time of persecution.
Acts 17:2 (KJV) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
9) Let us pray also that Holy Spirit would follow these bold ones and the presence of the Lord would manifest through miracles of healing, words of knowledge, demons cast out and demonstrations of power through the name of Jesus.
Last week I read an article about how there were many Christians (mainly Catholic) leaving Bosnia Herzegovina because so many Muslims are taking control of neighbors. They estimated that 200,000 Catholics have immigrated since the war in the mid-90s. Not only is there a political clash of cultures in Bosnia but a religious one also.
10) Out of a population of 4 million, there is only about 2,500 Evangelicals. Let us pray for these Evangelicals, that they may stand strong, that they not leave the country and that they would reach out to the unbelievers around them.
11) Let us also pray that they will prosper in the land.
12) Lord, we ask for strategies to reach out to the lost. Give the Christian in Bosnia Herzegovina hope. Help them to believe for revival in their land. Help us to stand in the gap for them.
Thanks for praying for Bosnia. In the day when revival comes, may the Lord remind you of the prayers you prayed and how you set redemption into motion.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.