Week of Aug. 12-18, 2013
A pastor from Croatia, Mario Ducic, was preaching at a church near Dallas, Texas so Zuzanna and I went to hear him. He spoke on Luke 8:5-15, Jesus’ teaching on “The Sower”. As I reflected on his message I thought of Slovenia and how the sower needs to go forth sowing the Gospel seeds. It is heart breaking to hear of those seeds that did not fall on good ground and did not survive. Take time to read the passage in Luke and pray accordingly for Slovenia.
1) Lord, we ask for a time of sowing in Slovenia.
2) Let us pray according to verse 8 where Jesus cried out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” It was important to the Lord that his disciples understand this parable of the sower. Let us, as intercessors, pray for the present churches in Slovenia to hear the Lord’s challenge to go forth and sow.
3) Notice that the sower did not necessarily look for a certain plot of ground to sow his seeds but rather sowed everywhere. Let us pray for many evangelist to be raised up to share the gospel with every person in Slovenia regardless of their position or status. Not just in the church buildings but in the marketplace and in every institution.
4) Slovenes are hardworking people and they have prospered but they also have a greater percentage of suicides. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a message of hope. Let us pray for hope to arise all over Slovenia.
5) Slovene hearts are hard like rock. They rely upon a false hope in science and their humanistic abilities. Come Lord and break up these rocks that rob them of the ability to grow in hope.
6) As the seeds are planted, let us pray for the Slovenian Evangelical Churches to be safe places for these newly redeemed to find fresh water for their souls. May there be trained ministers that can walk young Christians through emotional healing.
7) Let us pray for anointed teachers to present the Gospel in purity and truth. Thank You, Lord, that Your Word cleanses us and shows us how to walk righteous before You.
Amos 9:13 NKJV
“Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “When the plowman shall overtake the reaper, And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; The mountains shall drip with sweet wine, And all the hills shall flow with it.
8) Lord, we pray for “plowmen” and “treaders” that will go quickly into the harvest field. Lord, we know this happens when the Holy Spirit blows across the land. Holy Spirit blow upon Slovenia.
9) May the Slovene people ascend the mountain of the Lord and find His sweet wine. May they be so full of the sweetness of the Lord that they will spill out over the hills and into the valleys.
10) Lord, may Your gentle love and non-judgmental compassion flow through those that sow in Slovenia. Lord, help the Slovene Christians to break through their fears and find the joy of sharing their faith.
11) Lord, we rebuke that lying spirit of suicide that inhabits Slovenia. Come Lord, and set the people free.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.