Now this is ironic, I am in Serbia asking the Lord how to pray for Kosovo.
Kosovo and Serbia are bitter enemies. (I think things are starting to cool down some) Over the past 60 years the Albanian Kosovars have over-populated the Serbians in Kosovo. In 1999 the Kosovars decided to declare independence in retaliation to heavy-handed controls from Serbia. The Serbs will tell you this was a designed plan of Albania, but in reality demographics had changed over the years and Serbia did not embrace the change. The biggest problem is that the Kosovo area is the birth land of the Serbs. There are historic churches and monasteries that are important to the Serbs. Another problem is that there is a strong Greater Albania nationalistic movement among the Albanians across the Balkans.
1) Let us pray for peace between Kosovo and Serbia. Lord, only You can work out these deep wounds between the two. Let us pray the enemy would not engineer more conflicts.
2) Many Islamic radicals are setting up shop in Kosovo in the hope of creating another Islamic state. Let us pray down confusion on their plans.
3) Pray that God would extend mercy to Kosovo and many would hear the Gospel.
4) Although Kosovo is strongly Muslim, there has been church growth. The Muslims are mainly nominal in there Islamic beliefs and should be reachable.
5) The Baptist, Pentecostals, etc. are slowly progressing. Let us pray for the present churches. May they grow, mature and release evangelist into the culture.
6) Once again I will ask you to pray for friendship evangelism in the Muslim areas of the Balkans. We must reach them while we still have the freedom to do so.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.