In the News: Montenegro: Thieves remove 111 road signs in one night
PODGORICA -- Montenegro's road maintenance company Crnagoraput says its workers were shocked to discover that no fewer than 111 traffic signs were missing from major roads.
The signs were removed and stolen in just one night, between Sunday and Monday, the Podgorica-based daily Vijesti writes.
Is this merely a teenage prank or the snapshot of a dysfunctional society? In a country with only three fully functioning evangelical churches and about 200 born-again Christians, there is no moral compass. Montenegro is in great need of missionaries.
1. Let us pray for the Body of Christ worldwide to be awakened to the spiritual needs of Montenegro.
2. Lord, send missionaries that can endure the struggles that come with starting a work in Montenegro. Those that will pray through daily to remain in Your joy.
3. Spiritually Montenegro is dark. The country’s name is translated “black mountain”. Let us thank the Lord that there is a light that shines and with our intercession we will light candles across that land.
2 Samuel 22:29 “For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness.”
4. I want to acknowledge the Albanian Christians that have labored in Montenegro over the past years. May they see the fruits of their labor and be inspired to do even more.
5. Lord, we stand in the gap for Montenegro and ask for a move of the Holy Spirit to empower the Christians to do the work of ministry. May they be bold, full of faith and always abounding in good works that glorify the Father.
6. Let the day come when there will be rejoicing across Montenegro because the Light has come and the land is full of the goodness of the Lord.
7. I am often reminded by the Holy Spirit of the beautiful Kotor Bay on the Adriatic coast of Montenegro. There are reports of a few scattered Christians but no church. Let us pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries for that area.
Isaiah 6: 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar.
7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:
“Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.”
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.