March 19, 2014 - By Anej Korsika - -- On March 8, the (IDS) had its founding congress and officially transformed itself into a political party. In the invitation to the congress we have written that in the last 20 years all political parties in Slovenia have been representatives of one and the same fraction, the fraction of capital. We have emphasized that it is high time Slovenia gets a proper socialist party that openly and consciously represents a socialist alternative to both the crisis in Slovenia as well as the crisis in European Union.
Comment: Socialism has a tendency to cause low economic productivity and high tax burdens to a country. In theory socialism promises benefits for the weak but in reality cheapens services. Capitalism promises rewards for hard work but can only function properly in a society with high ethical standards.
1) Let us pray for the Slovenian government. May there be an overriding sense of servanthood among its ministers and officials.
2) Let us pray against favoritism and an ‘above the law’ attitude in government. As they struggle to make capitalism work, may government officials develop ethical guidelines.
3) Lord, we pray for men and women of strong Christian conviction to seek government offices in Slovenia.
In other NEWS: Slovenia Celebrates Reformation Day
Slovenia is celebrating on Thursday Reformation Day [Oct.31st], a public holiday dedicated to remembering the 16th century Reformation and Protestant movement. The holiday opens a four-day extended weekend.
Although a predominantly Catholic country, Slovenia has celebrated Reformation Day as a national holiday since 1992 to remember a turbulent yet culturally rich period in the 16th century that produced the first book written in the Slovenian language.
During the second half of the 16th century Reformation ideas flourished in the lands that make up present-day Slovenia.
The movement in Slovenia was epitomized by Primoz Trubar (1508-1586), a Protestant priest who wanted to write books in a language which could easily be understood by all Slovenians. His "Abecedarium" spelling-book and "Catechism", published in 1550, gave Slovenians the first books in their own language.
Comments: The Reformation was truly a godsend for Europe in the 16th century. The Catholic church had become a religious system lacking redemptive values for the people. The Reformation was a protest against that system and resulted in the Protestant movement. It was a 'move of God' that helped Europe recover from a stagnation in Medieval times.
4) Slovenia had roots of righteousness in its early development. Let us pray for the resurrection of those early foundations, and the digging up of those ancient wells.
Those from among you shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?
5) Lord, we ask for those Slovene Christians that walk in Your righteousness to be energized by the Holy Spirit to restore the original foundations of Slovenia. May they be deeply moved in their hearts to rescue their troubled country.
6) God often waits on prevailing prayer from His saints. Lord, we ask for a brokenness among the Slovene Christians. May they repent and cry out for Your mercy for Slovenia.
7) Lord, we thank you for those that are interceding for Slovenia; may they see, in their life time, Your new reformation.
8) There has to be revival in Slovenia. The revelation of Jesus Christ as a personal savior is what gives lasting hope. Pray for mercy to be extended to Slovenia.