A message from Jerry and Zuzanna :
We are so grateful to each of you as you join us in standing in the gap for the Balkan nations week after week, for 6 years now. This prayer blog has evolved through the years and it is evolving still. Starting with this week and going forward, we will have a section in the left column for European Initiative Balkans prayer needs which will give each of you an opportunity to pray specifically for our ministry as European Initiative’s Balkans Base Leaders. In this region called the Balkans, one becomes very acutely aware of ones dependence on prayer. We believe our effectiveness hinges on the prayers of intercessors like you. We will share upcoming events and various needs. “Ministry Needs, Plans & Prayer” will appear in the Column to the left of this prayer directive. Thank you for taking the time to pray over our needs in addition to the country we feature each week.
Friday morning (11/14/2014) I attended a prayer meeting and the Lord’s presence was in our mist. Although this prayer meeting was in Zagreb there was an intercessor there from Serbia. There was a point in our prayer time when we went deep in intercession for Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. God has a divine plan for Serbia; may we be found worthy, that the Lord would share that plan with us.
1) The Serbian people are a proud people and nationalism runs very deep. Oh, Lord we want to know Your heart for the people of Serbia. We pray for a great host of Serbs to be standing before the throne when the books are opened. May they hold their heads high because they fought the good fight and held on to God’s Word.
2) Let us once again pray for the capitol city of Belgrade. Close to 1.5 million people and only about 1,000 Christians. Lord raise up intercessors to cry for that city. Raise up ministries that will pour resources into the city.
3) Lord we pray for houses of prayer to be birth with an open heaven where the Holy Spirit dwells constantly. Lord, draw together those that have a burden for Belgrade.
4) Lord we lift up the Christians in Serbia. May they choose to fear the Lord and submit to the teaching of the Holy Spirit so they may prosper and their descendants establish wisdom in the land. Let us believe for strong Christian families that are grounded in principles of the Gospel. May their descendants inherit a righteous Serbia.
5) Though the vision of a righteous land seems distant now, let us pray that the Christians will do what is right in all things. Purify Your people so the vileness of hypocrisy will be wiped away.
6) Let us continue to pray for those bound by alcohol and drugs. Heroin is cheap compared to other countries and easily acquired, therefore there are a large number of drug addicts. Hope is the answer, and Jesus gives hope.
7) Lord, release an extra measure of grace and healing in the alcohol and drug centers in Serbia. We pray for restoration in these broken lives. Let not the enemy steal their destinies.
8) Let us be burdened for the pastors of Serbian churches. May they stand strong and not be weary in well-doing. We must hold up their arms because the battles are hard. May Psalms 25: 12-13 be their portion. “Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth.
2 Cor. 4: 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
9) Lord we join You in commanding the “light to shine out of darkness”. Take the present darkness and transform it into Light. We command the bad to be turned to good. Let us speak boldly to the enemy to take his hands off Serbia.
Please leave a Comment or a Reaction so we will know you Prayed.