In the NEWS: Statement at the Conclusion of an IMF Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Press Release December 12, 2014
The economic recovery appears to be more resilient than previously thought to the impact of the natural disaster that hit Bosnia and Herzegovina last May. Industrial production and exports have picked up and tax revenues have continued to recover. …growth is expected to reach close to 1 percent this year…
The financial sector remains well capitalized and stable at the aggregate level, having withstood the impact the impact of the floods well.
The mission discussed progress in implementing policies agreed under the SBA that are aimed at containing current government spending, including the costs of privileged pensions; improving tax compliance and fighting tax fraud; strengthening financial sector stability and enhancing banking supervision.
1) Thank you Jesus for the projected 1% economic growth in Bosnia Herzegovina. It is good to see some positive movement in this poverty stricken country.
2) The BiH government and business sectors are mainly in the hand of men and women that do not fear God. Even so, Lord, we ask that You guide their decisions.
3) Let us pray that 2015 will be a year of much more growth. Lord, we ask for those that carry an economic understanding and anointing to be positioned to function in Bosnia Herzegovina. Lord place Your people in those positions of leadership.
4) Let us pray for continued capitalization in BiH; a capitalization driven by ethical standards and wisdom in the market place. We pray that the economic mountain of Bosnia Herzegovina would be grounded in just rewards for ethical business practices.
Spiritual good news from Operation World:
Evangelical believers have increased significantly but still represent only a miniscule proportion of the population. From three congregations in 1991, there are now about 35. Only evangelicals are effectively bridging the ethnic fault lines. Baptists and Pentecostals predominate, but several other smaller churches are also at work. Baptists run a seminary in Sarajevo, and both Pentecostals and Baptists have Bible schools. An Evangelical Alliance has been founded for Bosnia. Pray for believers and their witness in this divided land. Bosnia is not a spiritually receptive place; pray that many hearts might open to the gospel.
The unreached: Bosniak Muslims are possibly the least evangelized people in Europe. Islamic mission activities may cause them to be even harder to reach. [Out of 2 million ethnic Muslims, only 500 are believed to be Christian] http://www.operationworld.org/bosn
5) Let us raise up intercession for these nominal Muslims living in Bosnia. (Nominal, meaning not fully committed to Islam)
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.
6) Holy Spirit, we ask that the land would be spiritually plowed and made ready for the latter rain.
7) Lord we ask for an “expectant” patience. We wait on You, Lord, with an expectancy of great blessing coming to the Muslims of Bosnia Herzegovina. Lord, we know You love them and desire they come to know You.
8) Let us arise and rebuke the enemy as he tries to teach radical Islam in Bosnia. There are reports of some villages and Muslim communities instituting Sharia law. (See Wikipedia for more understanding of Sharia law, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia) Let us pray for confusion, division and opposition in Muslim communities where Sharia law is trying to be instituted.
9) Let us pray that the Muslim communities of Bosnia Herzegovina will be set free from the demonic bondage of Islam.
10) Lord, empower and encourage the missionaries and pastors in Bosnia Herzegovina. May they see physical evidence of You moving in the land. May they prepare themselves to pick the fruit and harvest the field of souls.
Personal Note: Muslim is a cultural, ethnic term; Islam is a religion
2 Corinthians 9:10
Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.