Pray for KOSOVO
I am sorry I am just now getting this out. Monday July 19th was Susie and my 24th anniversary so that was a priority. I came across the following article and felt it was time to pray for Kosovo.
[There will be] an important ruling this Thursday, July 22 by the International Court of Justice in the Hague. In response to a request by Serbia, it will announce an advisory opinion on the legality of Kosovo’s declaration of independence.
I will be in Kosovo, reporting on the reaction to the ICJ’s ruling. I suppose there are three possible outcomes: that the court rules in favor of Serbia, it rules in favor of Kosovo, or, (most likely) it comes up with a more nuanced opinion, that Kosovo and Serbia will interpret in different ways.
On the face of it, the rhetoric coming out of both Belgrade and Pristina is uncompromising. Serbia says that after the ICJ has given its opinion, it will ask the UN General Assembly to pass a resolution demanding new talks on Kosovo’s status. The government in Pristina says its sovereignty is not negotiable, and that Serbia is refusing to confront reality.
And yet, both sides have strong incentives to reach an agreement.
Serbia wants to get into the EU, and may worry that a protracted struggle over Kosovo will annoy Britain, France and Germany. Kosovo wants to be a normal country, that can apply for UN membership, that can participate in international sport, that has an internationally recognized passport, and so on.
1. Let us pray for this Kosovo/Serbia conflict. It is a problem in the heart of the Balkans. There is so much hatred between the Kosovars and Serbs. Lets pray for peace.
2. We know that no human or international court can render judgments that make everyone happy. Let us pray that their verdict would not be one sided and inflame more hate.
3. The people in Kosovo are very poor. Let us pray that the system will be fixed so investment can pour in and productivity can increase.
4. Lord, we ask You to expose and bring confusion to random and organized crime.
5. Lord, we pray for the rule of law to be executed fairly for all the people.
6. Let us pray for protection for the Christians in Kosovo. May they not be harassed by the Muslim majority.
7. Lord, take the hatred toward the Muslims out of the hearts of the Christians. May that be a divine message to they at this time.
8. Lord, show the churches how to reach out to their Muslim neighbors. Give them a strategy of how to win the hearts of the lost and confused Kosovars.
Matthew 5: 43-44 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you
For my statement (opinion) on Kosovo go to, http://freebalkans.com/NEWS.html