Its [Slovenia’s] economy shrank 7.8 percent last year and a further 1.2 percent year-on-year in the first quarter. The government now expects growth of just 0.6 percent for the whole of 2010 and the resulting lower tax revenues have forced [Prime Minister] Pahor's cabinet to revise its budget plans. The planned measures have encountered strong opposition from trade unions, pensioners and students, while further mass protests are expected in the coming months if the government goes ahead with the measures.
In light of the above news, let us pray:
1. That the economy of Slovenia would not fall but stand in the mist of present hard times.
2. That wisdom would be given to Prime Minister Pahor and his cabinet as to what should be done. Pharaoh had a Joseph, may PM Pahor have a Joseph also.
3. If protest erupt, may they be peaceful and not of a violent nature. May the hurting be heard and the radicals be silenced.
Maribor, 3 July (STA) - Daily Vecer says in Saturday's commentary that Slovenia is still far from being a modern democratic society as the gay parade, which takes places today in Ljubljana, is still a burning social and political topic.
4. We thank the Lord that “Slovenia is still far from being a modern democratic society” in regards to homosexuals on display. Lord, we pray for the moral climate of Slovenia. May the people be repulsed by sin in their mist. May there be a rightful shame showed toward homosexuals and an encouragement to change.
5. 1 Peter 4:17
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? We pray for heart-felt repentance in the churches.
6. We pray that the churches in Slovenia would denounce sin, teach how God offers forgiveness and how to walk in the blessings of the Lord.
7. Another issue in Slovenia and other parts of the Balkans is people cheating on their jobs. This is a financial drain also in that productive is minimized. Pray that Christians would set an example of diligence at work and therefore reap the blessings.
8. Lord, we pray for a move of the Holy Spirit in the churches of Slovenia. Lord, visit your people with signs and wonders. Lord, show unmistakable signs of Your omnipresence.
9. Lord, as Your Spirit is poured out and people come to repentance, give wisdom to the pastors and teachers to care for the new saints.
10. Lord, we just trust Your faithfulness to touch Slovenia in a special way this week and for evermore.
DATED PRAYER NEED: [Rob from Texas] I am leading the next team of missionaries to Bijelo Polje [Montenegro] this week. I found your prayer request for our work and it was a great encouragement to us. We will be presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ publicly on Tuesday night, July 6. Our prayer is that the truth of Jesus will be revealed. That God's salvation power will be released in Bijelo Polje and across Montenegro. Thank you for your prayerful support. May God richly bless you and your efforts to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in all the Balkans.