Monday, August 23, 2010
Pray for Greece
Greece's gross domestic product contracted by 3.5% in the second quarter from a year earlier ... sending unemployment rates to above 12% of the work force ...
The International Monetary Fund predicts the jobless rate will reach 14.8% by 2012. But some labor experts fear that before long, one in five Greek workers could be without jobs.
1. Let us pray for a reversal of the above economic forecast. Lord if this is Your judgment, we pray that Greeks would humble themselves, repent of not seeking You and now seek Your wisdom. May they see they can no longer trust in their plans.
2. Let us pray for Greece Rev. 2:4-5 “Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. “Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.”
3. Lord, we pray for mercy for the Greek people. Once they carried the lamp of God and showed Europe the joy of salvation. Now Lord, they need their lamp lighted again.
4. Lord, we pray that You will light fires throughout the country. Start to move by Your Spirit in churches that have forgotten Your glory. Lord, stir the spirit within Your people.
5. Let us pray for unity among the Christians. Then Lord, release intercession in Your people in Greece. May they cry out for their nation according to 2 Chr. 7: 13“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
6. Let us pray for the Greek Orthodox Church. They have the soul of the Greek people but they are not refreshing the people’s spirits.
7. Lord we ask for the Holy Spirit to visit the schools across the country and save many children. If the homes in Greece are not honoring the Lord, may the children be exposed to the Gospel elsewhere especially the schools.
8. Lord raise up evangelist in Greece to go pour out their lives for the people.
9. Lord send out the Holy Spirit to compel Greeks to come to the cross. Let not that nation be lost to the enemy. Luke 14:23 “Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.”