Pray for Albania
Please leave a comment or response at the bottom
When seeking the Lord as to how I should pray for Albania, I was drawn to the book of Ezra.
Ezra 1: 1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying,
1) Let us pray for the present Prime Minister of Albania, Sali Berisha. Lord, we ask for his heart to be turned toward You and toward Your people. Lord, You did it for Cyrus so we ask You move in Sali Berisha’s heart. Ezra 6:22 & Ezra 7:27 supporting verses)
Ezra 1: 2 "This is what Cyrus king of Persia says:
" 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and he has appointed me to build a temple for him at Jerusalem in Judah.
Now we know God has given/is giving Jesus the kingdoms of this earth. God can use earthly kings to forward His plan.
2) Let the house of God be built in Albania. Lord, capture that nation for Your glory. Lord we come and ask that favor be granted to the churches and to Your people from, government, education, religion, etc.
Ezra 1:4 And whoever is left in any place where he dwells, let the men of his place help him with silver and gold, with goods and livestock, besides the freewill offerings for the house of God which is in Jerusalem.
3) Lord, we ask for finances to pour into the work in Albania. That many would hear of the good work and give freely to the needs.
Ezra 2:68-69 Some of the heads of the fathers’ houses, when they came to the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem, offered freely for the house of God, to erect it in its place: According to their ability, they gave to the treasury for the work sixty-one thousand gold drachmas, five thousand minas of silver, and one hundred priestly garments.
4) Lord not only let finances come in from the outside but we pray that the Albanian Christians will freely give.
Paul wrote of how he had preached the Gospel in Illyricum the ancient land of Albania.
4) Therefore let us believe for the restoration of the Gospel in Albania. Pull out the treasures of the Gospel that the saints of old proclaimed; Just as King Cyrus restored the treasures of Jerusalem to Israel.
5) Lord, we are proclaiming that the enemy give up what he has stolen from the land of Albania. Lord, raise up a church that will kick the Devil’s gates down and demand their inheritance back.
6) We pray that when the saints assemble You would be in their mist to encourage.
7) Lord, we thank You for blessing Albania and letting freedom of worship come forth. May the saints rise up and reach this present generation of Albanians.