Nov. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Romania’s central bank unexpectedly cut its main interest rate as slowing inflation gave policy makers room to spark an economic recovery amid the euro-area’s sovereign-debt crisis.
In Romania the middle class is very small. In countries where the middle class is not strong, the economy is not strong. Romania has been blessed with foreign investments since communism fell but now it is time to build up the middle class.
First of all corruption and unreasonable government regulations can rob the middle class of progress.
1) Let us pray for reason to prevail in the government so small enterprise can flourish. May the Lord position men and women of good moral character into government offices.
2) Microsoft has been setting up technical framework in Romania to encourage networking and internet startup businesses. Let us pray for a technical boom that will bring prosperity and modernization.
3) Let us pray for the positioning of Christians in these technical fields; Christian led social sites, networking companies, broadcasting, etc.
Throughout all Europe, Romania is the most Evangelical Christian nation. Even during the communist days the Romanians defied the government’s atheistic dictates and tried to keep their churches open. The government came down hard and now a healthy appreciation of the spiritual is celebrated. There is still a long way to go before Romanian institutions reach acceptable moral ground.
4) Lord, thank You for Your special spiritual blessing upon Romania. May the seeds that have been sown bring forth abundant fruit. Let us pray that the churches would be respected by the government, nationally and locally.
5) Lord, we know the way You work; what the enemy tries to destroy, You restore to a better state. We pray for restoration of Romania to a country of blessing not curse.
Report from Church on a Hill in Apata, Romania.
Praise God 2 young people from our [Church], Vasile and Laura decided to marry on Saturday, 22nd October 2011. It has been a reason for great joy. We all could see their relationship start developing and now touched [reached] its goal.
Their marriage is a testimony in a very special way of how Jesus’ disciples love each other. Both of them grew up in [the village of] Augustin, Romania but in 2 different Gypsy clans: Laura is Lacatar and Vasile is from Hora. The Lacatars and those from Hora never mix up together and a common marriage usually is unimaginable unless God doesn’t change the hearts and minds.
Personal Note: Last year when I was in Romania, I did some house to house ministry with Vasile and Laura and I know them to have a great love for the Kingdom.
6) Lord, I thank You for this couple and their dedication to the Gospel. May they prosper in all they do. Let their marriage be an example to many.
7) Lord, we pray You would not just add to the churches daily but multiply daily. We so look for Your Kingdom to be established in Romania.
Acts 2:47b “And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”
- - - - - - - - - - -
Personal Note: I don’t know if you remember the outreach I went on in January of this year to Romania, but another one is being planned for January of next year. Overall, last year we seen 87 Romanians and Gypsies get saved. This year I would like for my wife to go. Zuzanna is an able minister in her own right and speaks the language. So if you would like to be a part of it by donating, please do.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.