Monday, November 28, 2011
Pray for Turkey (Week of Nov. 28 - Dec. 4, 2001)
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ~ Galatians 5:1
His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. ~ Ephesians 3:10-12
While praying for a direction to pray for Turkey, I was drawn to the above scriptures. Let us pray these scriptures over Turkey.
1. When Asia Minor was first evangelized, the evangelist, prophets and pastors faced many demons in that land. After the 4th and 5th century the Christians relaxed, and did not stand firm. Let us pray for the present Christians in Turkey, that they will stand firm.
2. The Muslim hoards came in the 8th thru 15th centuries and either drove out the Christians, made them pay additional taxes, sold them into slavery, or forced conversion. Let us pray that the Lord will raise up and send intercessors across Turkey to walk and pray over the land. May their prayer be restoration; “Demanding the demons leave and surrender their domains!”
3. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. As the Christians suffer persecution, may they know within their souls the peace and freedom Jesus gave. Let us pray that they would draw near to the Lord, and have an assurance that He is with them. Lord, shine Your light into the camp of the righteous.
4. It is really hard to set up a church building in Turkey. There are not only a lot of legal loop-holes but negative attitudes from the authorities, neighbors and unbelieving family. Let us thank the Lord for the houses of prayer that have been popping up across Turkey.
5. Let us pray for protection upon these houses of prayer. May the faithful be found trustworthy so God can share His plan for Turkey with them.
6. Looking at Eph. 3:10-12 – Lord, You have chosen the church to bring blessings to people in the face of the enemy. God’s solutions in a culture prove His love and wisdom. As the present churches and houses of prayer stand firm in their convictions may the doors to the culture open for them.
7. There is a place where Christians make a radical stand for the Lord in order to bring in the Kingdom to their land. They usually have to face persecution, with some being martyred. Lord may the Turkish Christians have a wise boldness. Let us pray they would be strengthened as they hear God’s voice for direction and see Him do miracles in response to their obedience.
I am convinced that if you prayed along with these prayers, the satanic influences over Turkey have been weakened. Bless the Lord Almighty.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.