Sunday, October 30, 2011



Pray for Montenegro


Montenegro recorded an increase of over 14% in tourist arrivals for September 2011 over September of last year.

Montenegro is a very poor country but things are changing. Investment has come and the beautiful coast is being developed. I remember being burned for the people in poverty in Montenegro years ago. If tourism is the answer then may we pray into it.

1. Lord, we trust that You are bringing a blessing to Montenegro. May the riches of the nations come to this small nation on the Adriatic Sea.

2. As the vacation/tourist industry develops, let us pray for Christians to go seek employment there. The Apostle Paul used his skill as a tent maker to finance and open doors of ministry. Let us pray that the Lord would send “tent makers” into Montenegro to be a witness.

This morning, after reading about tourism in Montenegro, I went to Youtube.com and started watching videos about the Montenegrin coast. I was especially attracted to the following video about the Bay of Kotor; http://youtu.be/FtgwzMecW1A. Although the lady’s English is hard to understand, the video’s scenery is amazing. I also went to Google maps and zoomed in on the bay.

Then it was time to go to church. During worship time at church I kept seeing that satellite view of Kotor Bay. I spent most of the worship time praying for the Bay of Kotor.

3. Lord, you created this beautiful bay on the Montenegro coast. Lord, the Bible says You looked out over the multitude and had compassion on them. Lord, we pray that Your compassion be poured out on Kotor Bay.

4. The last I heard was that there was a house church being established near there. Let us pray for the raising up of a church in that bay.

5. Lord, I know You answer prayer. I just believe You are hearing us right now and the Holy Spirit is about to move. Whatever embers of hope are already there, You are about to blow on them.

6. Lord, I thank You for the video (mentioned above). As the camera spans the bay from the mountain tops, I pray down blessings on to the towns and villages.

7. Let us pray that the Lord of the harvest will send labors to this bay. May the “Fishers of men” cast in their nets. Lord, send evangelist, use the “tent makers”, may many be compelled to go with the Gospel.

Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“ Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

___________________
Thanks for praying with me. I hope you don't think it is strange that I talk/pray directly to the Lord, addressing Him as Lord.

Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you prayed.

No comments: