Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Pray for Serbia
Serbia is being hit hard by the present cold-snap in Europe. This cold weather and the many feet of snow has caused really bad conditions in Serbia. Twelve have died in Serbia from the cold. The Ibar river that runs through Kraljevo is frozen over. There is fear of flooding because of the thickness of the ice. It looks like they will have to use dynamite to break it up.
1) Let us pray for those suffering from this extreme cold weather in Serbia. Those that were not prepared with heating fuel may they find the fuel they need.
2) Let us pray for the churches; may the Lord bless them with an abundance of wood and coal so they may give to those in need. Because of the weather it is hard to transport this fuel in now, so let us pray for the multiplication of what they have.
Sandjak is an area of Southwest Serbia that is predominately Muslim. The area was established as a province in the Ottoman Empire over four hundred years ago. Part of the old Sandjak province is in Montenegro. As the Ottoman Empire collapsed, this area remained Muslim.
There are no known evangelical churches in Sandjak. There are some scattered Christians in the area but they are separated and have to travel out of the area for fellowship.
Beautiful, Special and Spiritually deprived is the Sandjak area of Serbia. For a view of Sandjak see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1O8Xn5O2e8&feature=player_embedded also Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand%C5%BEak
3) Lord, we pray for Your grace to be extended to the Sandjak area.
4) Lord, we believe that as we pray, You will send ministering spirits (angels) to prepare a way for the Gospel to be preached and lived out before the people.
5) Lord, for Your remnant that is there, give them hope. May they hear a good word from afar that You are coming to fulfill their hope.
6) Let us pray for Christians outside Sandjak to hear of the needs there and be moved by the Holy Spirit to get involved. Lord, raise up Christian based support for Sandjak.
7) Even now, Lord, put plans in motion for outreach in Sandjak this summer.
8) Let us pray that there would not be another generation of Sandjak children raised up without hearing the true Gospel.
I feel the Lord led me to the following verses to read and meditate on for insight of how to pray further for the Sandjak area of Serbia. There may be curses there that are holding back the people from being able to prepare themselves for the Lord’s visitation.
Ezekiel 23:39-41 (NKJV)
39) For after they had slain their children for their idols, on the same day they came into My sanctuary to profane it; and indeed thus they have done in the midst of My house.
40) “Furthermore you sent for men to come from afar, to whom a messenger was sent; and there they came. And you washed yourself for them, painted your eyes, and adorned yourself with ornaments. 41) You sat on a stately couch, with a table prepared before it, on which you had set My incense and My oil.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you prayed.