Pray for Macedonia
Week of July 2-8,2012
Acts 2: 38- 40 (NKJV) Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off —for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
1) I read these verses and knew I needed to pray for evangelist to be sent and raised up in Macedonia. Let us pray to the Lord for the ministry of evangelism.
2) Pray for evangelism to not merely be taught in the Macedonian churches but that it would be acted upon. Street evangelism, mass evangelism, radio evangelism, internet evangelism, neighbor to neighbor, family to family may the Good News be proclaimed.
3) May the Lord expose the sin of this “corrupt generation” and call many Macedonians unto salvation.
Luke 8: 11-15
“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
4) As the Good News goes forth and many are saved, may there be great celebrations when they are baptized.
5) Lord, we ask that You protect the seeds. I can’t help but believe that as we fervently pray for the mission field, God causes the ground to be “good ground”.
6) Lord, You know men’s hearts and how they will receive. May the Macedonian Christians enjoy sowing the seeds and watch as the Lord brings increase.
7) Holy Spirit, we cry out for Your fire to come and dwell in Your people in Macedonia. Some say Macedonia is the heart of the Balkans, may the heart catch on fire for Jesus.
In my research I am finding there are investments coming into Macedonia because they have created sound economic policies. The culture is modernizing.
8) Modernization can have positive and negative effect. Lord, we ask for Your protection of Macedonia. Lord, draw well-intended investors. Let us pray for Christian based businesses to invest.
9) It is believed that the gray-market business in Macedonia is 40% of the economy, which can breed corruption. Lord, we pray for the exposure of those involved in dishonest trade.
10) With a rate of 29% unemployment, let us pray for the Christians in Macedonia to be blessed with jobs.
11) May the Christians bring their gifting to the market place. Lord, inspire them with inventions and successful methods of commerce.
12) We pray also for Christians in the Macedonian government. Lord, open doors of influence.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.