ATHENS, Greece — Judges, public prosecutors and court workers gathered Wednesday in a rare demonstration at Greece's Supreme Court to protest pay cuts that have also drawn the ire of police, fire brigade, coast guard and university staff unions.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120905/eu-greece-financial-crisis/
Greece's largest labor union has warned that the country's unemployment rate -- now at 23.1 percent --will reach 29% in 2013 if the government carries out more planned austerity measures ...
Savvas Rombolis, Head of Research at the GSEE labor union, which represents private-sector workers, said, "The course of the Greek economy is one of decline. In 2012, we are expecting a drop in GDP of 7 percent. Our estimate is that in 2013, unemployment will be between 28% and 29%, more than 1.4 million people. That's because we expect the economy to remain in decline."
I am going to pull up a prayer directive from Aug. 2010. You will notice that the unemployment that was predicted for 2012 has risen even more. Greece seriously needs prayer.
The International Monetary Fund predicts the jobless rate will reach 14.8% by 2012. But some labor experts fear that before long, one in five Greek workers could be without jobs.
1. Let us pray for a reversal of the above economic forecast. Lord if this is Your judgment, we pray that Greeks would humble themselves, repent of not seeking You and now seek Your wisdom. May they see they can no longer trust in their plans.
2. Let us pray for Greece Rev. 2:4-5 “Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. “Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.”
3. Lord, we pray for mercy for the Greek people. Once they carried the lamp of God and showed Europe the joy of salvation. Now Lord, they need their lamp lighted again.
4. Lord, we pray that You will light fires throughout the country. Start to move by Your Spirit in churches that have forgotten Your glory. Lord, stir the spirit within Your people.
5. Let us pray for unity among the Christians. Then Lord, release intercession in Your people in Greece. May they cry out for their nation according to 2 Chr. 7: 13“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
1) Lord, we had asked for Your mercy for Greece two years ago, but they must not of been ready. Let us pray for another chance.
2) May Greece wake up and realize their dire situation. Draw them back to You, Lord. As a nation, they need to recognize their need for wisdom, divine wisdom.
3) Lord, wake up the intercessors to pray for Greece. We know, Lord, You can take a bad situation and bring about Your Glory.
4) As people’s lifestyles are changing, having to do without, may their hearts be drawn back to the Lord.
5) Let us pray for the youth of Greece. May every evangelical church in Greece launch out in youth ministry. Give them a plan to capture their hearts before the world takes them away. Oh, Lord, save this up-coming generation.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.