Week of Oct. 15-21, 2012
Slovenia Minister: Reforms Last Shot to Avoid BailoutSlovenia's budget, pension and labor reforms are the country's last shot to exit the grips of Europe's sovereign-debt crisis on its own, but should suffice, Finance Minister Janez Šušteršič said.
"I guess this our last shot if we want to solve the problems by our own means," Mr. Šušteršič said in an interview.
The new government, set up in February, is "working hard and fast" and hopes to get major overhauls of the labor and pension rules done by year-end to accompany an aggressive deficit-cutting budget, he said.
The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.
1) This is so encouraging to see a Balkan country that is trying to work out their financial problems themselves. Let us pray that government and financial ministers would be given wisdom.
2) Lord, help Slovenes as they have to cut back and sacrifice in order for financial correction to take place.
3) Slovenia is in no way a lending nation, but let us pray for a miraculous transformation. Lord, raise up managers that can be guides to prosperity.
2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
4) Let us pray for a healthy fear of God in the churches in Slovenia. As the scripture says, may Slovenian Christians realize the great rewards and promises they have from God and turn from all filthiness and be holy before the Lord. Lord, you set before us life and death, may we choose life and life abundant. John 10:10b “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
5) Being cleansed of all filthiness and being perfected in holiness we tend to shine or as Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matt. 5:14-16) Lord, may the Slovenian Church be a light of hope.
6) Pray for Slovenian Christians based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, “Love is, patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
7) Pray for God’s blessing on the Christians of Slovenia. May they be led by the Holy Spirit to share the love of Jesus everywhere they go.
8) In 2006 Slovenia legalized “civil unions” for homosexuals. Let us pray for the homosexuals in Slovenia, may there be Christians led to go share the love of God with them.
9) Pray that men in evangelical churches would better understand their importance and role in the family, the church and in society. Pray that men would become more connected to one another through prayer and support the weaker brothers among them.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.