Serb hero fishes the desperate from Danube, [from] suicide
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — On a bright autumn day, Renato Grbic was out fishing on the Danube with his brother when he heard a big splash. At first, he thought somebody had thrown something off the bridge.
Then he saw a man flailing in the water.
"We hurried and pulled the man out," Grbic recalls. "I remember telling him: Such a glorious day and you want to kill yourself!"
It was the first time Grbic saved a life. From that day 15 years ago, his own life would never be the same. The bright-eyed, tattooed restaurant owner from a shabby industrial zone on the outskirts of Belgrade has rescued 25 people who tried to kill themselves by jumping off the tall bridge over the Danube.
This is a good story and a sad story.
1) Lord, we thank You for this man being in the place he is in. He is a modern day ‘good Samaritan’. Pray for this man that he would get to know Jesus, the One who has saved him and all mankind.
2) If you go on to read the full story, Mr. Grbic says these people are mainly just lonely. Let us pray for those that have no hope and are lonely in Serbia. Let the door open for the Gospel to come in to them.
Let us celebrate another hero in Serbia.
BEIJING (AP) — Top-seeded Novak Djokovic extended his perfect record at the China Open when he defeated third-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 in the final on Sunday.
Two weeks ago Novak Djokovic gave his name in support of Nick Vuicic, a minister of the Gospel that was born without arms or legs. He introduced Nick at two gatherings of 10,000 people in Belgrade and 8,000 in Novi Sad.
Pastor Daniel Kuranji of novi Sad says, “This is all we can say! Wow! Amazing event, amazing God!”
3) Lord, we just want to thank You for these gatherings and so many in Serbia getting to hear the Gospel. May the seeds planted be watered. Lead every precious soul to a Christian that can open the Word to them.
4) I do not know the condition of Novak Djokovic but let us ask the Lord to continue to bless him above his dreams. Lord, let not fame and fortune be a trap that clouds the grace You have for Novak.
5) Let us pray that Nick Vuicic’s ministry would continue to expand and he would see many come to the knowledge of Jesus. James 5:20 Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
BELGRADE -- Serbian Patriarch Irinej has urged Prime Minister Ivica Dačić to ban the upcoming gay Pride Parade.
[Patriarch] Irinej also called for the ban of a photo exhibit by Swedish artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin, which shows Jesus Christ dressed in women's clothing.
In a release submitted to Tanjug, the patriarch says the "tragicomic parade of shame" casts a heavy moral shadow on Belgrade, on Serbia's longstanding Christian culture and the dignity of the family, as the basic unit of humanity.
"I had not expected that this year I would again be forced to turn to you on behalf of the Serbian Orthodox Church, its members, who are the dominant majority in Serbia, and on behalf of numerous members of other religions, with the plea and demand that, by your authority as prime minister, you prevent the scandalous exhibit of photographs by Swedish artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin," Irinej wrote.
6) Let us thank the Lord that the Serbian Orthodox church is morally correct on this issue. Let us pray that the Orthodox in Serbia will speak out more on moral issues. (Speak out with love)
7) Let us pray for the media in Serbia to publish the truth about homosexuality. May they tell of the wrecked lives, despair, diseases and young deaths these miss-guided people go through.
8) Lord, we ask that You raise up a team to go unto this homosexual sub-culture in Serbia and love them like Jesus would.
9) Lord, help Serbia to stand strong in this decision to ban this parade. It seems the whole world is speaking against Serbia for not celebrating this deplorable life style. Thank Lord for that strong character in the Serbian people to stand up for what they believe. They will truly be courageous for the Lord when they have embraced the Gospel.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.