Skopje Fortress >
The Macedonian parliament has started working on reforms in their military laws/statutes that are aimed at giving equal benefits for all ethnic groups in Macedonia.
Quote: “Today we start our battle to save the inter-ethnic relations and build bridges between Macedonians and Albanians,” said during the session Xhevat Ademi from the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI.
The draft law, pushed by the main ruling VMRO DPMNE party of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, envisages state pensions, free healthcare and other benefits - but only for Macedonian army veterans of the 2001 conflict between government forces and Albanian insurgents.
But there is opposition from the Democratic Party of Albanians (DPA); they want the same rights extended to former Albanian guerrilla fighters, or want the bill dropped altogether.
Ethnic divisions in Macedonia have been the greatest hindrances to a smooth civil government.
1) Lord, we thank You for these steps in the government to solve ethnic differences. May these lawmakers be forgiving of the past injustices and have wisdom to set into law a respect for all ethnic groups.
2) Democratic government usually requires compromise on behalf of opposing parties in order to establish a law. Also compromises can be impacted by a greater idea, usually delivered by a statesman, that can create a more sure solution. Lord, we pray for a solution that solves the needs (not wants) of all parties involved. May they work toward the unity of one country and not a fragmented society.
3) Lord, we believe it was and is Your will to set apart a northern Macedonian nation. We pray that the citizens can put aside past abuses and work together to bring forth a “sheep nation”.
4) As the government’s reforms laws, we pray that all religious expression would not be legislated against. Let us pray for total religious freedom in Macedonia.
Macedonia’s Economy: Macedonia has maintained macroeconomic stability with low inflation, but it has so far lagged the region in attracting foreign investment and creating jobs, despite making extensive fiscal and business sector reforms. Official unemployment remains high at 29%, but may be overstated based on the existence of an extensive gray market (illegal trade), estimated to be more than 20% of GDP that is not captured by official statistics.
I was overwhelmed by all the scriptures in the Bible concerning the poor.
Blessed is he who considers the poor; The LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
1) Let us go beyond considering the poor and ask for the lifting up of the poor in Macedonia. Lord, release innovation and relax government restrictions on opening small business.
1 Samuel 2:7
The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up.
2) It is true, the Lord makes the poor and makes the rich, but we want to pray into the second part of the verse; “He brings low and lifts up”. Lord, we know You desire to bless all the people of Macedonia so we pray that both rich and poor would be lifted up.
1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory.
3) God knows how to bless whom He wants to bless. God chooses the lowly and blesses them. Let us pray that the poor would give their financial concerns unto the Lord and therefore be able to receive His blessings.
The wicked in his pride persecutes the poor; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
4) The wicked persecute the poor because they are an easy target. Let us pray that the wicked of Macedonia would be humbled before the poor. Lord, expose the financial schemes that are designed to rob the poor.
“For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise,” says the LORD; “I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.”
5) Let us stand in the gap and join in their yearnings. I truly believe your prayers are highly considered by the Lord when He decides to bless a people or nation. Let us agree with the Lord and ask for His favor on the poor of Macedonia. Lord, we ask that the spirit of poverty be broken over Macedonia.
For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
6) There was a time when Macedonians gave to the poor of Jerusalem. (These were likely Greek Macedonians) Lord, we ask that churches outside Macedonia would repay a blessing for a blessing that was given long ago.
But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind.
7) Let the churches be full of feasting and let the poor be invited to sit at the Lord’s table.
He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor.
8) The will bring justice, so we declare it – What was spoken in heaven for the poor, we declare it on earth in Macedonia. Lord, we pray for the children of Macedonia. May the Gospel be presented to them.
9) Lord, we pray for the widows and orphans. May the churches take the responsibility to minister to them as You commanded.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.