THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — A U.N. war crimes tribunal on Thursday acquitted the former prime minister of Kosovo [Ramush Haradinaj] and two of his former Kosovo Liberation Army comrades for the second time of murdering and torturing Serbs and their supporters in Kosovo’s war for independence.
His British lawyer, Ben Emmerson, confirmed that Haradinaj wants to return to power. “With the consent of the people, he will soon be resuming his rightful position as the political leader of the country,” Emmerson told reporters at the court.
Emmerson said Haradinaj told him he wants to lead a government representing all ethnic groups in Kosovo. “It is time, he says, for reconciliation.”
1) Now I know my Serbian friends may not feel like praying for Ramush Haradinaj but he has returned to Kosovo as a hero and likely future prime minister. We must trust God according to the following verse; Proverbs 21:1 The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.
Let us pray that Haradinaj would recognize the “hand of the Lord”.
2) Let us pray that he will be true to his statement to bring about reconciliation. Lord, we know that only You can put reconciliation in the hearts of men.
3) In my research of Ramush Haradinaj, there was no mention of him being a Christian. Let us pray for his salvation and the salvation of his family. As a Christian he could do so much for Kosovo. Oh, that the Kings of the earth would submit themselves to the King of kings.
4) Let us pray for godly people to be assembled around Haradinaj so they may supply him wisdom to help the Kosovars.
5) Let us pray against corruption and cronyism in the government of Kosovo. May there be justice for all in Kosovo.
6) Although Kosovo is mainly Islam, it is shallow in the hearts of the people. It is more of a cultural commitment rather than deep set of beliefs. Let us pray that the emptiness of Islam would be exposed and a hunger for truth would consume the people of Kosovo.
7) Let us pray for the Christians in Kosovo to be deeply burdened for their country. Lord, may You give creative ideas to the Christians for sharing Jesus outside the churches.
8) Lord, we ask that if there is not a “house of prayer” in Kosovo yet, You would draw saints together with a burden to pray. Lord, we pray for a portal or open heaven to be opened in Kosovo.
Present Prayer needs:
Pray for the upcoming outreach to Romania. More information about this trip at http://www.europeaninitiative.com/media/entry/the_adventure_of_a_lifetime
We are taking some bold steps in confronting the poverty Satan has imposed upon the eastern part of Transylvania. Please add your prayers as we watch God bless these people that have been disregarded in the past.