Week of Dec. 24-30, 2012
I know we are all preoccupied by Christmas (Jesus’ birth), which is good, but please take time to pray for Montenegro.
Montenegro is one of the least evangelized countries in Europe and has the fewest Christians per population in all of Europe. Most people in Montenegro have never heard the Gospel.
Religious belief in Montenegro
The Serbian and Montenegrin Orthodox churches (two different denominations) claim to be the religion of the people but this claim is a farce and a tragedy.
The example in Niksic [Montenegro] is instructive: The population of the city of Niksic is around 70,000. Around 60% of the population would claim to be "Orthodox." Yet there is only one Serbian Orthodox church that regularly holds services, and on any given Lord's Day there will only be around 50 people that attend the whole service. Many who claim to be Montenegrin or Serbian Orthodox have no idea what the Montenegrin or Serbian Orthodox church teaches and have never even been inside a Montenegrin or Serbian Orthodox church building.
What is extraordinarily sad is that many of the Serbian Orthodox leaders are just like the Pharisees of whom Jesus said, "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from men; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." (Matt. 23:13) So many Serbian Orthodox leaders do not preach the Gospel; they do not call Montenegrins to faith and repentance, they do not teach the love of Christ, but they do call biblical Christians a "sect" and liken us to Satanists and tell people not to listen to us. It is so sad that many Montenegrins listen to this kind of propaganda. Read More: http://christianitymontenegro.org/christianity.php
1) Please pray that God would open the eyes of Montenegrins to see the Gospel and the lies of those who would hinder them.
2) Please pray that the mouths of those who speak lies would be shut and that their lies would be ineffectual.
3) Let us pray that intercessors would be raised up in Montenegro. May they take their place on the walls and cry out day and night for the Spirit to come.
4) Holy Spirit, we ask that You go forth and prepare the hearts of Montenegrins to receive the Gospel.
5) We pray for the breaking of old, un-redemptive mental images Montenegrins have of Christians, church and Jesus as just on icon. Lord, activate the need for a savior in their hearts.
6) Let us pray for the Lord of the harvest to send out labors to gather Montenegrins unto His Kingdom. I truly believe the Lord has plans to evangelize Montenegro. He just needs committed Christians that He can trust His plans to.
7) May foreign churches and ministries be drawn to the spiritual needs in Montenegro. May they send help; may workers and money be sent to help the few churches that have been started.
8) There was a “Christmas shoebox drive” in Montenegro this season; let us pray for powerful results as the Lord uses His servants to distribute about 5,000 boxes. Lord, may there be an anointing on each box.
9) Let us pray for workers to do follow-up with those that have received boxes.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.