Population: 677 000
Elevation: 0 - 8000 ft (0 - 2400 m) mostly mountainous
Primary language: Montenegrin
Ethnicity: 60% Montenegrin, 30% Serbian, 7% Albanian
Religion: One of the most unevangelised countries in all of Europe
Economy: Tourism, mining, metalwork, tobacco, grapes, olives, lumber milling
In my research I came across Faith Community Church in Montenegro, pastors Stan and Vicki Surbatovich. http://christianitymontenegro.org/ After reading their Beliefs statement and their Vision statement, I am encouraged in the Lord that His hand is upon them and that we should lift up their needs in prayer.
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
1. Praise God that there is a season for everything, and that now is the season for the rhythms and routines of weekly and monthly bible studies and fellowship events. Pray for those of us leading these studies and pray for those who come to hear: that believers would grow and that the unbelievers would hear and respond to the Word of God.
2. Praise for the continued ministry of Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox outreach in Montenegro and for those people willing to serve on the national team. Pray particularly for Stan as the main coordinator because he will have an increasingly heavy workload regarding the project as the Christmas season draws near.
3. Praise for the excitement and energy of the Operation Mobilization team coming. Pray that they would accomplish the physical projects without injury, and that they would both encourage and be encouraged as they engage in active witnessing.
4. There continues to be an acute need for work opportunities for believers. Montenegro used to export a significant amount of medicinal and culinary herbs before the wars of the 90's, and that trade has never been resumed. Milan and Stan will be going on an exploratory trip to a major natural product trade fair to investigate the possibilities.
Hebrews 7:24-26 (NIV)
But because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Let us enter into the ministry of Jesus and pray for Montenegro.
5. Spiritually Montenegro is dark. The country’s name is translated “black mountain”. Let us thank the Lord that there is a light shining forth through Faith Community Church.
6. As King David encouraged himself let us be assured our intercession for the Light to shine in Montenegro will dispel the darkness. 2 Samuel 22:29 “For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness.”
7. Lord, we come to stand in the gap for Montenegro and ask for a move of the Holy Spirit to empower the Christians to do the work of ministry. May they be bold, full of faith and always abounding in good works that glorify the Father.
8. Let the day come when there will be rejoicing across Montenegro because the Light has come and the land is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you Prayed.