Week of Aug. 25-31,2014
As we know from the news, a real evil side of Islam is arising in the Middle East. The ISIS, the Hamas and other radical Islam groups are set on “purifying the land” by getting rid of all non-Islamic people groups. They demand conversion to Islam or death by decapitation. Please pray for the Christians in northern Iraq and Syria. For the past 20 years there has been an underground move of God in Iran. People are coming to Jesus by the thousands daily. The government is so Islamic that these Christians can’t openly meet. [see http://www.charismamag.com/spirit/revival/20936-revival-in-iran-i-want-to-be-a-christian
Because Turkey is still considered an Islamic state these persecuted Christians are able to immigrate or escape to Turkey. There are parts of Turkey that is more tolerant to Christians, and these refugees enjoy the freedom to worship.
1) Let us join in thanking the Lord for Turkey. May Turkey be blessed for providing a sanctuary for the persecuted Church.
2) Let us pray for many homes to be opened for these immigrants coming to Turkey.
3) Lord, we ask that every Turk that helps a Christian or Jew would be blessed and protected. We pray that they too would become Christians as they hear the testimonies of Your love Lord Jesus.
4) Let us pray for favor to be extended by the Turkish government towards these refugees to receive immigrant status.
5) Let us pray for the many unnamed radio and internet broadcasters that are reaching into the Islamic world with the message of the Gospel. Lord, we ask for your protection and an inability of the enemy to jam these broadcast.
6) The internet is very useful communication tool for those in heavily Islamic influenced areas. Let us pray that the internet would stay open and available for feedback from those that are touched by these broadcast.
7) May the Lord guide those that receive the letters and emails from the restricted areas. Lord, give them wisdom and Spirit led direction as they share Jesus.
Revelations 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Personal Note: Thanks for praying for my heart condition. The Croatian doctor told me six months ago that I had a chronic heart condition, I would be on medication until I die and there was not much hope. Today (Aug. 25th) he told me in his broken English, "We don't see this... Your heart is functioning as a normal persons. The heart has shrunk back to its normal size" ... "You can live a normal life" ... "Um...I can't explain how this happened...!" BUT WE CAN! Thanks again for your prayers for my health, God has performed a miracle and I am so grateful.