Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pray for Macedonia


Please read my Personal Note at the end.


Sitting down to pray for Macedonia I heard two words, Faithfulness and Courage.


Faithfulness: Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)”


Courage: Isaiah 40:29 “He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increases strength”


1) Let us pray for the Christians in Macedonia. May they stand even when things look bleak and dreary.
2) Lord, we pray they are reassured daily of Your great promises. Lord, we pray that You will intervene in their daily lives; showing Your manifested presence (undeniable acts of God).
3) May the Macedonian Christians stand fast and not waver in the days of trial.


The steadfast reassurance of King David:


8 I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(Psalm 16:8-11)


4) Let us pray that the Macedonian Christians would determine to set the Lord before themselves daily.
5) May they know that the Lord is always at their side.
6) Lord, let their flesh rest in hope. May they have supernatural healing that will mystify the physicians in Macedonia.
7) May the Christians in Macedonia grow in faith and maturity. Make them strong, full of courage and ready to stand strong against the enemy.
8) The warrior spirit that once rested upon the Macedonian hero, Alexander the Great, let it now be spiritually applied to raise up mighty warriors of faith.

NEWS:
Eight soldier figures, representing a part of Alexander the Great's phalanx, have arrived
in Macedonia's capital Skopje, where they will be placed on the central square.

The bronze soldiers are "accompanied " by eight lions. All new sculptures will be a part of the grandiose composition involving the statue of Alexander the Great himself, who has been imagined as the forefather of the Macedonian nation.


Personal Note: Three years ago today (8-8-2008) I officially started FreeBalkans.com. Now for three (3) years I have systematically been praying for the Balkan countries. (freebalkans.blogspot.com) Actually it was about ten years ago that God told me to concentrate my calling of intercession on the Balkan countries. Up until Aug. 2008 I had prayed but not systematically. I want to thank you for praying with me. Often I get reports from the Balkan countries of God doing great things.

Here is what I am believing for the future. I believe the day will come when I will walk the land and see what the Lord has done, and see confirmed what He spoke to me in prayer. This has happened before in my life. Back in the 70s and 80s I prayed for Eastern Europe for ten years. Then from 1985 to 1988 I was able to spend four years there and was able to prayer-walk many of the cities. One thing I am convinced of, God is faithful and His leading has a purpose. I seen Eastern Europe when it was bound by communism and the faithful were few. Now when I have occasion to go there I am amazed at His faithfulness.


Please leave a Comment or Reaction so we will know you prayed.

No comments: