Pray for Kosovo
Week of April 9-15,2012
At the end of January Kosovo held its 13th annual International Day of Prayer, Fasting and Giving, which brought churches together and received interest in the media. Over a dozen churches in Kosovo hosted prayer meetings and attendances at these were unprecedented. Prayer rooms were set up to enable several churches to pray together for their nation.
Kosovo’s media took an interest in what was going on, with a local TV news station conducting an interview about it which was aired. Outside of Kosovo, many churches joined in to pray for their fellow believers, including many local churches across neighboring Albania. The World Evangelical Alliance encouraged its members to join in with this special day. http://www.eurovangelism.org.uk/news/115
1. Let us thank the Lord for drawing these churches together and their obedience to the Holy Spirit. With such a prayer movement in a small country like Kosovo we can expect great things from heaven.
2. Let us pray now for lasting results, changed lives and great favor from God’s throne for Kosovo.
3. Let us pray for the pastors. May they walk in integrity, and be worthy of honor.
4. May these pastors have hearts made tender by the Lord’s love flowing through them. Let us pray for unity among the evangelical pastors of Kosovo. We rebuke slander, pride and personal kingdom building.
5. We pray for unity among the believers. May they abound in love toward one another. John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
6. Lord, help the pastors and church leaders in Kosovo to plan and prepare for the future.
7. May this year, 2012, be a year of great advancement for the Kosovo churches.
8. Let us pray for financial miracles for the Christians in Kosovo; job creation, giving hearts, raise in pastor’s salaries.
9. Let us pray Acts 2:46-47 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
The report is that there are now 23 Evangelical Churches in Kosovo. With Resurrection Sunday (Easter) having just passed, let me give the following story.
Personal Story: In 1985 I went to Kosovo to visit a couple, John and Maria Angelic, who had moved from Serbia to start a church in Kosovo. At this time the church hadn’t been established but they were settling in. It was Easter Sunday and I remember thinking; “In America the churches are filled on this day but here in Kosovo there is no evangelical church to attend”.
Lord, thank You for the seeds planted 27 years ago and the fruit that has come forth. Oh, Lord, Your ways are glorious.
There are reports that the Wahhabi branch of Islam has been working in Kosovo, and thereby spreading their radical ideology. This is not good.
10. Lord, we ask that You bring confusion to the enemies camp.
11. Lord, may Your enemies eat dust upon the Kosovo fields. Prayer Is the Battle and Prayer Maintains His Victory!