Pray for Macedonia FYROM
In October 2009 the following prayer directive was sent out by Praying for the Balkans, Project for Macedonia, “Lord, raise up intercessors that spend time with You and seek Your direction on how to pray for Macedonia.” The following request from one of our prayer partners in Macedonia shows God is rising up intercessors.
Prayer Points for Macedonia:
1. Focused prayer is needed NOW for an increase in ethnic tension between Albanians and Macedonian that has risen in the last 2 months. Tension has not been this high since an escalation of violence in which 80 people were killed in 2001 - thankfully ending in the Ohrid Peace Accord. In February an off-duty Macedonian police officer shot and killed an Albanian man over what looked to be a dispute over a parking spot. What actually happened was not made public and Albanians believe that justice was not served. The next weeks there were different Macedonian and Albanian gangs attacking people on public buses. Police cracked down and arrested 30 people. Things had been calm until last Thursday when 5 Macedonian men were found murdered by a lake on the outskirts of Skopje. So far no suspects or motive have been identified. There are calls for calm, but clearly people are upset.
Please Pray for the PEACE of Jesus to reign over this nation.
2. Pray for unity of the body of Christ in Macedonia. In recent years there has been a desire among church leaders to pursue reconciliation and grow in unity according to the prayer of Jesus in John 17. Pray that God would pour out a spirit of reconciliation and unity over all churches and believers in Macedonia. To know how to pray more specifically for this, go to the following website: www.ee.mk
3. Pray for the House of Prayer that the Lord is raising up in Macedonia and in the Balkan nations. On May 1-3 a core group of prayer leaders from multiple Balkan nations will gather in Skopje to pray and seek the Lord for the whole Balkans. Pray that God would breath His spirit over this gathering and release a new fire for prayer and unity that will spread through the region. A website has been set up to increase prayer for an among believers in all of the Balkan nations: http://www.balkannetworks.org/Join us for Balkan Prayer Day on Sept. 2, 2012.
4. Pray for a week of prayer in Macedonia that will be from May 11-17, 2012. We plan to have 5-7 hours a day, lifting Macedonia and her people before the Father.
5. Pray for pastors and leaders who are currently planning for the Global Day of Prayer. A 24/7 prayer room will be set up to run for 10 days from May 17-26. On Sunday, May 27, believers from all churches in Skopje will be invited to gather together, joining with churches around the world to pray for their nations and the world. Source: http://www.globaldayofprayer.com/
Please reread the above, stopping to Pray where the Spirit tells you to. Also for more information about prayer in Macedonia or other questions about Macedonia, email: email@example.com.
1 Timothy 2:1-4 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
1) Let us thank the Lord for raising up Intercessors. May they be encouraged daily to continue to cry out. Lord, put a hedge of protection around them. Lord, show them Your heart.
2) Let us pray for a revival fire to come forth in the evangelistic churches that are in Macedonia. Lord we ask You to;
a. Put eternity in their hearts,
b. A Passion for Jesus,
c. Brokenness for the lost,
d. For finances to fund a revival,
e. Apostolic over-site to guide and set things in order,
f. And evangelistic meetings where the manifested presence of God is evident in signs and wonders.
3) With there being large ethnic groups in Macedonia, tension is quick to arise. Pray for the Macedonians, Bulgarians, Albanians and Roma (Gypsies) that they would learn to live together. Pray the courts would judge according to law in regards to disputes and not showing a bias. Also pray that the truth would not be hidden.